holiday homes

Guest Jonny

I know this isn't hire boats but its hire nether the less so i stuck it here.

does anybody have any website that rent riverside cottages??

thanks Jonny ice sliceice slice

Try some of these:

http://www.riverside-rentals.co.uk/

http://www.peninsulacottage.co.uk/

http://www.riverside-holidays.co.uk/

http://www.urwins.co.uk/

http://www.waveneyrivercentre.co.uk/holiday-accommodation.asp

http://www.norfolk-broads.co.uk/

There are also lots of individual holiday cottages to rent too .. will post some more later when I get a spare moment.

Carol

can anybody give us some advice please or help

were looking at one big river side cottage house ect must be on a main river max 11 people three dogs.

we dont mind doing two six berth cottages or house must be on a main river three dogs must be side be side & not to pricey

Jonny ice sliceice slice

I think that they will all be fairly 'pricey' Jonny at this time of the year, brinkcraft have some fairly large lodges and appartments where dogs are allowed in some, also Herbert Woods have some 6+ berth lodges, but not all of them accept dogs.

Julz :wave

jonny,

what about WRC, they have lodges and things

cheersbar

ahhh thats a very good point Geoff i think my uncle & dad were looking for one to be right in front of the river so they dont have to drag all the gear everyday but well worth a look into

Jonny ice sliceice slice

I don't know what time of year you are looking at Jonny, but as Julia says, you will not find riverside accomodation for 11 people cheaply I'm afraid!

On thought is Hedera House which is about 50 yards from Thurne Mouth - they have a large farmhouse which sleeps up to 12 people or smaller villas and bungalows. The accomodation looks clean, but basic, so is likely to be around the cheapest you will find. Don't expect luxury though. Even so, Hedera House itself will cost between £575 to £1,045 per week depending on the time of year. Don't forget that pets are also likely to incur extra charges of around £25 each per week.

http://www.hederahouse.co.uk/hedera-house

click on the "terms" button for the prices.

Carol

I don't know what time of year you are looking at Jonny, but as Julia says, you will not find riverside accomodation for 12 people cheaply I'm afraid!

i know not for 12 in one lodge but in two then it might be a little cheaper

Jonny ice sliceice slice

i know not for 12 in one lodge but in two then it might be a little cheaper

Unfortunately, I don't think it works like that. Much the same as with hiring boats ... you will probably pay more for two cottages that each sleep 6 people in than you will for one that sleeps 12.

Carol

If you want cheapness and riverside Jonny, you could always buy a large tent and pitch it down at WRC, and they may allow dogs that way!

You can get tents to sleep upto 20, and with all the gear, sleeping bags, beds, cooking gear you probably would still get change out of £1000, and you can use it all again in the future. The good brands to look for are Outwell, Kampa, Gellert and Coleman. Its all good fun when your young and fit enough to put the tent up, which should be no problem to you with so many people in your party to help out :)

there are two family's going VIP's 8 my uncle & family another load of VIPs 4 so were looking at two family we think it might be better going for two separate cottages lodges ect but might not be cheaper but we still want something...

Jonny ice sliceice sliceice slice

If you take a look at the Brinkcraft lodges, and are prepared to skip the main season July/August dates, then you often get a dayboat included in the hire charge for free, including fuel and insurance for use for your entire stay :)

The boathouse that we last stayed in before buying the caravan last year, cost us around £500 for 11 nights for the 4 berth, but it also had abed settee upstairs so probably would sleep 6 people. they also do a three bedroom version in the same building, along with the sail loft cottages and there various dutch style barns, all of which come with the day boat offer.

just been intouch with WRC & kingline in horning apparently best place for disabled access & dont allow behaved pets :cry::cry:

James knight if you browsing this mate anychance of a dog house being built outside for pets to stay in the back garden of the lodge your renting please :bow:bow

i think its a little off putting at you limit your clientele then not allowing behaved pets

Jonny ice sliceice slice

Hi Jonny

I know it's annoying, and our boat choices used to get limited wen we had Josh which used to frustrate me in its irraticness at times, but sadly the risks are too high for companies to always want to risk and it is there property so whilst I didnt always like it or think it very fair it is their property and their choice.

Sadly well behaved is too open to personal opinion these days, plus no one would consider themselves to have a badly behaved pet or to be bad pet owners (yet we know both exist) so this term gives a company no assurance or filtering whatsoever. Whilst a party without a pet could undoubtedly leave somewhere untidier or filthier than those with a pet the rectification and removal of such evidence is normally much quicker than a mischievous pet destroying an entire property or getting a hard to move smell stick somewhere, so on the balance of risk scale some may choice not to take it, and that is their choice as owners.

On with the search - you can only work with what you can have so on with looking for properties that do fit the criteria cheersbar

Dan

well we have decided both family's will be hiring boats from Richo's for two weeks...

its just to much of a pain when it comes to finding a place where they allow pets dont over charge & the layout you want.

for the layout we needed we got quoted 2.5k for one week in horning riverside i dont care how you cut the cake thats expensive i got have bolero out for that & still have change...

Jonny ice sliceice slice