loading your avatar picture and loading pictures

jillR

just under "Board Index"

click "user control panel" next page ...

click "profile" next page ...

click "edit avatar" and from there you can load your picture if its small enough.

click this picture to go large enough to read.

post-115-136713731908_thumb.jpg

• 1 year later...

to upload your pictures ..........

open the box to post, then look down the page a bit below the box

There's two buttons which say Options and Upload attachment

Click .............. Upload Attachment

This then opens another box,

Click............ Browse

then find the pic you would like to upload, add a file comment if you would like to.

Then click........ Add the File

It uploads, then

Click........... Submit

• 5 weeks later...

Hi Barry

Seems odd. I’ve just tried a picture which is 1024 x 768 which is slightly bigger than the ones you have tried and it seems OK. I’m a bit baffled. I’m assuming that you are using JPEG files as I’m not sure if it can handle other formats such as TIFs or Bitmaps which I think are larger file sizes.

Very strange, perhaps one of our technical wizzos can fathom it out! :?

cheersbar

Well I am flummoxed Howard I have just taken the photos out of my removable hard drive and reduced them from their full size down to 1000 X 750 and in the properties > image it shows 1000 X 750 but when I try to upload it tells me they are still full size. Odd and yet more odd. :naughty:

Well I am flummoxed Howard I have just taken the photos out of my removable hard drive and reduced them from their full size down to 1000 X 750 and in the properties > image it shows 1000 X 750 but when I try to upload it tells me they are still full size. Odd and yet more odd. :naughty:

:wave hi barry i usually change my pics to 1500x1125 pixels, & then go to where you save them, & click on the one that says, save as,then click on jpeg & then upload to forum. then just place in line like this pic. lori :Stinky

Hi Barry

Curiouser and curiouser. The picture I tested with was about 500k in memory size, were yours similar? Would it be worth trying to reduce your pics a bit more than you have already? If that did work you could try increasing them until they wont if that makes sense!

cheersbar

hi jill, i don't quite know why it says that on your computer, i always use the computers paint to lower the pixels, but i don't use a computer ,i use a laptop, so whether that's got anything to do with it or not, i don't know, now i'm baffled . lori :Stinky