• Announcements

Welcome! New around here? Take a look at the New Members' Guide for some pointers.

Not a member yet? Sign up here and you can soon be chatting away with friends old and new..

Check out our Handy Information section if you're after something quickly!

• If you would like to support the forum, please consider visiting the forum shop, where you can purchase such items as NBN Burgees, Window Stickers, or even a custom Limited Edition Wooden Throttle Control Knob

Forum Shop

Sign in to follow this  
woodwose

Boat Explosion 1970, Ludham Bridge

Hi All. I have had an enquiry at the Ludham Archive from a person who was on a hire boat which exploded and was burned out at Ludham Bridge in June 1970. She was a child them, but is looking for more information or anyone who remembers the incident.

It was reported in the EDP at the time and I have the press cuttings. The boat was Lady Laura from Martham Ferry Boatyard.

The family on board were unhurt and were helped by locals. I have yet to track any down.

It was a long time ago, but I wonder if any members have any information or remember the incident.

Nigel, Ludham Community Archive Group

• Like 1

Hi Nigel 

I'm not sure how often Carol looks at the Forum but I just wondered if it would be worth dropping her a line to see if she could help? 

maybe a word with the man who had the boatyard at ludham bridge at the time

i remember robert paul but does he go back that far, if so,  he is usually at the broads museum in stalham

• Like 1