Calorifiers - Connection To Engine

Well I nipped over on Monday/Tuesday and near the top of the agenda but below exchanging fridges and lifting the diesel tank was looking for possible hose connections on the engine. I'm stumped. My information was that the original engine would have been the 2.3lt version but this is a 2.6lt and doesn't look 50 years old. So it's quite possible that my engine came from a source that didn't require any further connections. 

I'm putting this part of the project on hold while I do more investigation and in the meantime I'll look at other means. 

Here's the vid:

https://youtu.be/1X8G8dbot1k

If hot water is up on the list get the calorifier and I'm sure your vid showed a brief glimps of a blanking bolt on the back of the head behind the fuel filter and that block drain would make a good initial first connection, both without disturbing a coolant hose, what's not to try, a couple of bsp hose tails are cheap and never go amiss in the emergency bits stash if they are not needed.(I have all sorts of fittings in my stash, let me know threads and I probably have spares)

Whatever the connections there WILL be a way of connecting the engine to a calorifier so what's not to like about hot water?

4 hours ago, Smoggy said:

If hot water is up on the list get the calorifier and I'm sure your vid showed a brief glimps of a blanking bolt on the back of the head behind the fuel filter and that block drain would make a good initial first connection, both without disturbing a coolant hose, what's not to try, a couple of bsp hose tails are cheap and never go amiss in the emergency bits stash if they are not needed.(I have all sorts of fittings in my stash, let me know threads and I probably have spares)

Whatever the connections there WILL be a way of connecting the engine to a calorifier so what's not to like about hot water?

Thanks for the response Smoggy, but I'm not pursuaded. Tails may be cheap but there's a bit of work moving the filter which would involve disconnection and diesel spillage. Then the cost of the kit and no guarantee it'll work. 

I've looked at the safety guidelines regarding the present water heater and the main concerns are with the flues, which need to properly sealed and in good condition. This is easily achieved and if I can pretty up the rain cover on top of the flue to be closer to the style of the boat, I'll be happy. At present, it resembles a periscope!:default_dry: