St Olaves Marina

quo vadis

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello all. Just a little tickler for you. How does 10 knots sideways, strong winds, anchor not attached to chain, a pannicking missus AND no engine drive sound? St. Olaves bridge racing toward you. I thought F*?*!*g hell. Canopy down, (on top of the mrs.) "MY HAIR" she said as the bow spit took a few bricks from the bridge, then another almighty bang as we ploughed into something else, cupboards opened, glasses smashed, cups and everything all over the place. Didnt have any time to roll a ciggy. Why does it always go down the middle? couldn't do a bloody thing. Funny how things go through your mind, "i'd only taken enough clean underwear for one night and these ones are already full" Any hoo got my money s worth out of the rubbing strake i can tell you. After another large item spun us round i bit the bullet and jumped ashore, on reflection i wish i'd had a rope in my hand. No seriously hung on to the rope for dear life (i mean wife) pulled like Jenny Capes(Jeff Capes grand daughter) Well we're not all built like brick dumpdocks! Then out of the blue a shining light, like a flash appeared the Lighthouse Keeper, Bob stood and watched taking a puff of his nosegay and said you're in a pickle aren't you? He must have intel inside there's nothing gets passed him! Then after a slight altercation with the very pleasant young lady whom insisted it was private mooring we battened down the hatches and have left it for the night. pile of cr?p. A big up for Bob for his help and for Jiffy on whom its fallen to recover said aforementioned tomorrow with the grand ship Laura Jane. It's a wonder there were no tryping errors i'm still shaking like a paedophile in a school playground.

Trevor, I forgot to tell you, as we were trudging ,bags in hand, back to the marina Quo Tardis told me a story it seemed a bit hard to take in. Apparently all the 136 forum members from the dark side died and went to heaven.As they arrived at the pearly gates St. Peter descended the cloudy steps to welcome them but stood there shaking his head and said "Sorry but i can only take 7 of you for now. I will be back in an hour and if you've sorted out who is staying i' ll help" He duly arrived back in the hour looked from side to side up and down then again side to side, paused then stared into space and said "God they've gone!" the reply came "All of them?" "NO" he replied "THE BLOODY GATES" Do you think he's pulling my leg?

You tell him Quo!!! Anyhoo Weasle Fallout erm, could i borrow it after you've finished with it? You know, Stones, Glass houses etc. I wouldn't mind a small wager that Blownaway is back out of the marina before Le Gand Chew! I have a cunning plan. I'm going to leg it up to Lincolnshire and hunt you down like a dog; boy, then don't be surprised if you cop an unfortunate one to your shell like listener! Oh just remembered the last time i drove to Stamford i put my arm out to turn right and some bugger had my watch away, so needing to know the time i pulled over to ask this 'erbet standing there and no more to do he pulled a knife on me. He must have been local it still had butter on it. I'm digressing, my plan is to sit on my bedroom floor legs crossed,with my eyes squeezed tightly shut and my fingers crossed and the marina pixies will work through the night! They do exist you know,They DO!!!!! you see.(or should that be Sea) not sure ;)

Oh Quo Retardis one wouldn't be extracting something there would one? You must be fair to Jiffy he's knocking on 70 and i thought he did rather well under the circumstances. Anyhoo its nothing a new Rubbing Strake,paint job and a couple of skips wont put right! He trained under the best you know, Horatio something or other. He's often said he cant get on with these new fangled type boats, you know the ones with engines? You know he's got 20/20 vision dont you? 20% looks one way and 20% looks the other. Where would we all be without him, Brilliant tea maker he'd give you anything, and nothing is too much trouble for him. I wont hear a word against the useless old twonk. I thought he handled his boat very well today, he just forgot mine was tied along side. He'll cop one to the fizzogg like Trevor when i sea them.

Wombat you are right he done really well today, it was difficult for him to sea the other side of Blownup from where he was sitting, in the tight confines of the marineer, the job would have been a lot easier out at see with plenty of room. Anyhow another sucessfull job carried out without the help of Denso Fuelstick. :wave

You tell him Quo!!! Anyhoo Weasle Fallout erm, could i borrow it after you've finished with it? You know, Stones, Glass houses etc. I wouldn't mind a small wager that Blownaway is back out of the marina before Le Gand Chew!

It might be............on the boat hoist :bow:naughty::naughty::naughty:

On a seroosis note i am pleased you got sorted today and hopefull that you havn,t got too much mud and reads on the pontoon...hate wearing wellies!!. :wave

Wombat you are right he done really well today, it was difficult for him to sea the other side of Blownup from where he was sitting, in the tight confines of the marineer, the job would have been a lot easier out at see with plenty of room. Anyhow another sucessfull job carried out without the help of Denso Fuelstick. :wave
Ah you noticed the lack of attendance by Nuclear Fallout. It no doubt would have gone ttis up if he'd been helping. You may have seen the picture of his oar that he keeps sticking in where its not wanted. "SEE he's even beaten me to a reply " Anyhoo has anywon ever thought about putting spell cheque on this sight its atroshu attrocio atrsciou terrible. Cant(phew) be down the marineer twomorrow knead two take the day of work. one off my deer old mates past over lassed week. I told him he'd like it up the north river, and that they definately do knot still eat the first born sons. :lol: