Peace and Quiet (at last!)

Hockham Admiral

We were slowly pottering up the Yare this morning on a calm and sunny morn...... It was idyllic!

Indeed, probably the most satisfying sail we've had so far; wide river, lots of spaces everywhere, who would want more?

Yes, I know it might not be as pretty as some of those Northern towns and villages, but the sheer tranquility hasn't been bettered in the past month! We even turned under the railway bridge at Thorpe (showing 7ft 6ins 3 hours before LW) and slowed down even further to view a little used part of the Yare. :clap:clap:clap

As we started our boating at Brundall some 35 years ago it almost felt like coming home. :):):)

Tomorrow we're going up the Wensum to New Mills; just hoping we may find somewhere to moor (near a pub)!

Hello Hockham Admiral,

If you go along the Wensum through Norwich, as you get closer to New Mills Yard, the river gets shallow and is full of debris, such as shopping trollys etc. In this location at Easter I wrecked a new prop. and then aquired two woolen jumpers round the prop. Thankfully I could lift the sterndrive to clear the prop.

Paul

We were slowly pottering up the Yare this morning on a calm and sunny morn...... It was idyllic!

Indeed, probably the most satisfying sail we've had so far; wide river, lots of spaces everywhere, who would want more?

Yes, I know it might not be as pretty as some of those Northern towns and villages, but the sheer tranquility hasn't been bettered in the past month! We even turned under the railway bridge at Thorpe (showing 7ft 6ins 3 hours before LW) and slowed down even further to view a little used part of the Yare. :clap:clap:clap

As we started our boating at Brundall some 35 years ago it almost felt like coming home. :):):)

Tomorrow we're going up the Wensum to New Mills; just hoping we may find somewhere to moor (near a pub)!

:roll: i don't know john, you & your pubs :lol: you'll end up with a pickled liver, & we don't want that , :lol::lol: lori

Hello Hockham Admiral,If you go along the Wensum through Norwich, as you get closer to New Mills Yard, the river gets shallow and is full of debris, such as shopping trollys etc. In this location at Easter I wrecked a new prop. and then aquired two woolen jumpers round the prop. Thankfully I could lift the sterndrive to clear the prop. Paul

Thanks for that, Paul.. that we don't need.... how far can we safely go, please?

Shhhh! Don't let the Northern crowd know. Southern Broads = proper rivers, not those narrow ditches that form the boating lake above Yarmouth.

There are very few riverside pubs in Norwich ...... best thing to do is explore on-foot IMHO.