BA Tide Tables

tim

As the saying goes, 'there's no easy or hard questions, just one's you know the answer to, and those you don't'

As someone who has been on the broads a number of times, I think I should know the answer to this but I dont

Looking at BA's Website for tides, you have a time for high and low water, there is also a 'M' in the column next to the time.

Now  I assume this is meters, but what does this number mean and how would you use this to calculate the height under say Vauxhall bridge?

Bridge heights have never bothered me too much in the past as we have normally had a low airdraft boat, but last year and this year our boat is 8'6'' which has made me a little more aware of them

Hopefully, this isn't a stupid question and one of you cleaver people can explain it to me!

Thanks in advance

Tim

Thanks for the reply, yes did that last year, this year I will have to leave quite early from the southern broads to make slack water at Yarmouth, probably leaving at 6am (which I love early cruising) but would they appreciate a call from me at 5.30am?

I know the simple answer would be to call them and ask, but would they know several days in advance what the likely clearance would be under Vauxhall Bridge?

Thanks for the replies, we've got the same boat as last year, went under Vauxhall with about a foot to spare about 15mins after slack water so doubt I'll have a problem

However I've been looking at this site https://broads.bridgeheight.com/ and it appears that very rarely it might be tight!

Plus I have a table and mooring booked at the New Inn Horning on the Monday to avoid the madness of late June with all the staycations, so desperate to get under!  :default_biggrin: