Thames Day Boat

We decided we couldn't wait until the end of this month, when we have our next Broads holiday, to be on a boat again so hired a day boat from Reading yesterday. Probably wasn't very good practice for the Broads given there were hardly any other boats about! Also turns out I am hilariously bad at throwing the ropes around the posts at locks. Fortunately there were lock keepers to help, otherwise I think we would have got in a right pickle. 

We went upstream almost as far as Goring, with stops at Pangbourne meadow and Beale Park which were both lovely spots. It was such a nice day that I really didn't want to go home!

The hire company is based on Fry's island and is only accessible by boat which makes for some interesting logistics around parking and luggage transportation.

WhatsApp Image 2021-06-06 at 18.19.44.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2021-06-06 at 18.19.16.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2021-06-07 at 18.28.24.jpeg

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Turnoar said:

Nice day boat! Week or a fortnight boat too.

Indeed. Comparable in price to some more 'standard' day boats from other places further downstream too. Very handy to have a toilet on board.

It did confirm we couldn't have a holiday in this style of boat though. We're both too tall (and I'm too wide!) to fit comfortably on the bed.