0830 - BBC 4

According to reports it had been a difficult 24 hours and was dark. He got confused where he was even when given a bearing to steer by the CG. Sheerness ILB were training and I think fancied a run out so guided him back to Queenborough.

The are a lot of lights from Grain but even so the channel is pretty well lit even the dog leg to starboard before Stangate.

I guess one of the things that keep us watching is (whether contrived or not) that we feel they are human and make mistakes.

Anyway due into Limehouse around 1500 today.

Bit of an anti-climax last night, I thought that he was doing a circum-navigation of Great Britain, and yet he managed to cut off some of the most scenic bits by cutting the corner and missing the Western Isles.

There was a wee mention in last night's episode that they were "going to leave her in Scotland until next year", but we know from the blog that that the latest series was actually filmed last year.

Will the North Sea passage be shown in this series or in an other burst next year?

Only time will tell, or perhaps a sneak look at the BBC 4 schedule for next week

Hm, 20:30 Wed 7th September , new 4 episode series "Storyville" about a judge in ancient china....

Looks like it will be a while before they release the rest of the voyage of the Princess Matilda.