Ludham Bridge Clearance

wooster

The best tides tables by far, are the Shorebase ones shown under "handy Information".

Aweigh uses the basic assumption that the 12 hour period between the two highs is 6hrs of flow and 6 of ebb - it is a false premise in Broadland and I have always used as a broad rule of thumb that the the flow lasts for around 5 hours whilst the ebb often runs for 7 hours especially after rain - the freshwater coming downstream just contuinues to overpower the incoming tide initially.

BUT just remember that there are many factors affecting Broadland tides, prime and foremost amongst these, is that sadly it is a very imprecise science and the tides cannot just read the tables and perform as predicted:default_sad:!!!

• Like 2

I probably haven't explained myself clearly. I guess it's confusing my original question with my new one. I will ask it again as a different topic. From responses to my original question I have concluded that I should be able to get through Ludham Bridge most of the time apart from Winter but that I shouldn't rely on tables so that's clear. Thank you everyone.