Mariners Notice 01 F 2022 Update To Navigation Restriction Breydon Bridge

Dear all,

Please see attached Notice to Mariners 01 of 2022 regarding an update to the navigation restriction at Breydon Bridge, Great Yarmouth.

https://www.broads-authority.gov.uk/boating/navigating-the-broads/notices-to-mariners

All the best

Tom

Tom Waterfall

Senior Communications Officer

Direct dial 01603 756034

Mobile 07986003359

Broads Authority 

Yare House, 62-64 Thorpe Road, Norwich NR1 1RY

Please note that my normal working hours are 8.00am – 4.45pm Monday to Friday, with alternate Mondays as non-working days.

If I am out of the office I will deal with your email on my return, alternatively please contact another member of the Communications team.

BROADS AUTHORITY NOTICE TO MARINERS No. 01 of 2022 Approaches to Breydon Bridge (A47) Gt. Yarmouth Notice is hereby given that John Graham Construction will be undertaking major maintenance works on the Breydon Bridge (A47) Gt. Yarmouth, from Monday 4 April 2022 until Friday 29 July 2022. The maintenance works will involve the replacement of the existing hydraulic lifting system from the central span using underslung scaffolding. Note: During the above period navigation will remain open to the side spans, but the bridge central span will be closed and unable to open to vessels with a greater air-draft of 13ft. All equipment will be lit and signage will be in place to warn of the closure and restrictions. Grid reference TG516080. Please ensure that the new position is taken into consideration for passage planning and when navigating in this area. For more information visit https://www.broads-authority.gov.uk/boating/navigating-thebroads/boating-news or call 01603 610734. Rivers Engineer February 2022

1 hour ago, BrundallNavy said:

That’s going to please the Brundall Navy.  

makes no difference as haven is closed anyway. what should matter is closures of any sort, not just the ones we're somebody with a chip on there shoulders think they can score points in an imaginary game !

• Confused 3