Iphone Videos To Dvd

Alan

We were watching a 30 year old video that I had transferred from a camcorder tape to dvd many years ago and I thought to myself that that was a good way to preserve a few videos on my iphone as, like most people, they tend to get backed up and stored in all sorts of places that no-one will ever find.
Now DVD ripping is not something I've ever done so it could be something quite obvious I'm doing wrong.
I took 6 10 second videos on my iphone in the 6 different formats that are available. Eventually managed to get them on the computer after a few hours (that's another story!) and then downloaded Ashampoo Video Converter and Ashampoo Burning Studio.
Using a Sony DVP-NS38 DVD player (which according to Google can play all available DVD formats) and bought some DVD+RW disks.
Well I've converted the iphone files to every format going, burnt to disk, put them in the player - same message - NO Audio, NO Video.
Is there anything obvious I'm doing wrong? Not sure I want to waste any more hours on this!

I have never used Ashampoo so cannot be specific but make sure for the output you are selecting DVD Movie, not simply burning the video files on to the disc. The software should then burn the movie(s) to VOB or video object files which the dvd player can decode. 

It maybe that you are simply burning .avi or .wmv or .mpg files on the disc, which would allow another pc to access and play them but not a DVD player

Hmm, I don't think the format I need is there. Seems to be AVI, WMV, MPG, MKV and MP4. I also downloaded WinX DVD but that's not looking good either. Any suggestions for a converter that would do the trick?

I don't think it's the converter, it's the burning stage

make sure when you burn to disc you select create - movie/slideshow, then something line video DVD. At some point it should ask you to set video standard (PAL for the UK) and format - 4:3 or 16:9. If you get those options you know you are creating a playable movie disc, not just copying files to the DVD

A quick read up on Ashampoo suggests it should be able to do this. Make sure you are not using the burn - data or burn - files options

Whoops, I've been using the Burn Data Option. I'll have to have a further read of the help files. The only options under Video are Video DVD from Folder, Video CD (VCD) and Super Video CD (SVCD).

So do I not need to convert the iphone .mov files in the first place?

Well watched the video and thought we might be on to something. Chose the cd/dvd option which "is suitable to be played on a dvd player linked to a tv" but no joy. It still burns to dvd as .mov files. Back to the drawing board. Never realised it would be so difficult to put a few iphone videos onto a dvd to watch on the telly!

I haven't ever thought to try to burn my videos to DVD. I simply upload them onto a YouTube channel and then I can watch them that way on a smart TV. Might not last forever if YouTube ever disappears, but I can also play them on my computer.