Unexpected Guests.

Vaughan

On Sunday we had a swarm of bees arrive in the garden and today they are still there.

100_4142.thumb.jpg.da7d152c20c18f7c0830bbda5ae41fa4.jpg

All very well and nice to see them but they need a better home than that and they are blocking the gate through to the garden. So tomorrow I shall have to find a bee-keeper to come and collect them. Should be fun!

Susie has christened them NIMBEES.

100_4139.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Vaughan said:

On Sunday we had a swarm of bees arrive in the garden and today they are still there.

100_4142.thumb.jpg.da7d152c20c18f7c0830bbda5ae41fa4.jpg

All very well and nice to see them but they need a better home than that and they are blocking the gate through to the garden. So tomorrow I shall have to find a bee-keeper to come and collect them. Should be fun!

Susie has christened them NIMBEES.

100_4139.jpg

May be worth making enquiries today as bee keepers are probably desperate to locate new swarms

• Like 1

I have a swarm who set up home in a hole in one of my trees. They are still there 2 years later. 😊🐝

Actually they swarmed again last year and a beekeeper collected that swarm. The original hive stayed active with about half of the bees. 
I am told that they move on of their own accord if not collected.

• Like 1

100_4144.thumb.jpg.a460696bcbd83af217cdb7fc159cb6ae.jpg

All is now well - today a bee-keeper came from his nursery, near the Canal du Midi at Le Somail and very adroitly persuaded them all into a box.  Rather him than me!

He said they had already started to build a nest but it was not in a good place - too exposed to bad weather. But he is happy to have them, so they have gone to a good home.

Now I can get on with clearing up the garden!

• Like 3

Oh! I can feel a jar of honey coming on..

I know that you are a kind man. Generous to a fault. But there comes a time. Right is right. A bit of honey would not go amiss. Tell the blighter, a bit of entente cordiale would go some way towards future relations regarding our overall understanding of our differences.  Viva la France, and all those East of Scroby Sands.

OW.

• Haha 2