Norwich Airport Developement fee to go up %100

RedRover

WOW,This has caused so much grief with locals..Since introduced 4 years ago from £3 and now to £10 for everyone next year..Looking at the replys on the EDP site they will stand to lose many,many customers over this..Where do these airport managers get there brains from,if they have any at all..

http://www.edp24.co.uk/news/norwich_air ... _1_1071843

Living quite close to the airport I would be happy to pay the extra if only they would reinstate the flight to Faro by flybe.

It would save the time and expence of having to use Stansted.

I understand the latest increase is from £5 to £10.

Surely this is peanuts compared with the cost and inconvenience of going via Stanstead or Luton ?

For anyone living fairly locally, Norwich has to be much more convenient for the few flights/destinations that do exist ?

Remember when I first started flying, Norwich was one of the stops on my qualifying cross company and the 20yrs ago not only did I have to pay around £11.75 they managed to chuck three quid on top just to stamp my form! They have never been shy for charging, but who doesn't surcharge these days? And with the added distance to stanstead or Luton as has been mentioned, maybe the benefit of having an airport on your doorstep overweighs the cost of travel, unless of course the fares are ridiculously higher too!

Surely this is peanuts compared with the cost and inconvenience of going via Stanstead or Luton ?

I agree, but don't forget there is already a large surcharge on the cost of the ticket levied by most companies for using Norwich. I'm afraid I think "development fund" is a misnomer, as there has been precious little development visible.

I'm afraid I think "development fund" is a misnomer, as there has been precious little development visible.

I wouldn't argue with that at all, I've got no idea as to where that money goes, least of all it's declared reason.

I just meant simply that the convenience of a much nearer airport wins hands down, saving car fuel costs, maybe parking (if friends can oblige), bus fares. Other things like the safety margin to get there by the "book in time" are far easier to allow for than unknown traffic conditions on the M11 to Stanstead, or even further afield to Luton or Heathrow.

I guess they charge it simply because they can, and most people are happy to pay it. :)

I will always fly from Norwich whenever possible,its not that expensive if you cost in the travel to other airports and the bonus is when I land back at Norwich after a holiday or trip,I am home within 15 mins,better than a 100 mile trip back after a long flight.

The people who complain are probably the same who will drive 4 or 5 miles to save a 1p a litre on fuel.now thats another debate.

Support your local Airport

• 2 weeks later...

just booked 16 return flights to barcelona in april next year with easeyjet from london southend ( :norty: its no where near london ) god bless eddie stobart. its a ten min drive from my front door, great flight times and no agro with the M25. well worth any premium they want to add. back your local airport thats what i say.. more jobs for the locals !!!! if you count beeing easten european of north affrican as local!!!! our goverment do :naughty: