Calorifier With Immersion Element

If buying a new calorifier make sure it's up to the pump pressure, I upgraded to a better pump and changed the pressure relief valve to match and sometime after the calorifier suffered a prolapse, the concave base became convex, that a few years back and I'm still waiting for it to leak.

Just a quick aside, there are a lot of these Webasto's out there as reconditioned units. The exhaust silencer is not up to standard but, apart from that, they come with new loom etc and can be a very good buy.

The reason there are so many is they come out of prestige cars (Range Rover etc).

They do offer a secondary heating source for hot water and a towel radiator or will also run an entire boat through heat exchangers/radiators etc

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/252144112661?

• Like 2

I never knew that asking a little question would get me into the realms of finding out all this stuff.
I’m going to have a good long discussion with my son in law and without spending silly money, may go for something slightly more complex than just my initial ‘I want to fit a new calorifier’.

I didn’t even know there were ones that have no coils at all, or that they can do extra jobs. 
Although I use the boat all year round, and for extended periods, not just roughing it for a couple of days, I’m not sure whether too much extra outlay is worth it. After all, she’s an old ex hire bathtub!

I’m really enjoying learning all this stuff. Thanks.