Recommissioning Mystic Lady

chrisdobson45

Mystic Lady is now ours and will be relocating to Cove Marina this week. We now need to recommission her after being at NYA since September 2022.

We will be having the engines & outdrives serviced (last serviced in 2022) and she needs a good clean ( nothing serious, but Kath wants to give her a thorough going through. 

There’s approximately half a tank of fuel in the tank (300lt). She ran ok on the trial last week but is it worth a dosing of fuel additive? 

What can we use to sanitise the drinking water tank? I believe the tank is empty at present and will refill at Cove.

we spent a great day at NYA yesterday, finished the inventory, re measured the galley for storage and lifted all the hatches in the floor to find everything. Only remaining puzzle is where the TV takes its power from as it appears not to be plugged into the sockets. It’s dead at present, the power lead passes through a hole in the top of the built in storage and disappears into the carcass with a USB lead, arial lead, etc. No idea where it goes from there. I’m hoping there’s a hidden power socket we’ve yet to find. Photo of offending TV…

Superb lunch(again) at East Hills Cafe, it’s becoming a firm favourite.

Last question (for now) where can I get a NBN pennant from? I thought I had previously seen something posted but now cannot find anything

84D81D91-3F51-46FE-8E48-E884A8FC2979.jpeg

• Like 5

Hi Cris It wont do any harm to give it a dose of additive, as to water tank fill it with a few gallons so you can run all the taps if ok fill tank with Aqua tabs added when tank is quarter to half full run all the taps until dosed water comes out and leave when tank is full let it stand for a day or so then either empty or use the dosed water it wont do any harm for washing up or flushing toilet ( we dont drink from our tank we have a separate container) Its a good idea that when you get your pennant fit it to a pole on the Bow rail so that is a inch higher than your highest part of the boat, so that if when going under a bridge if pole goes through boat will, but if pole touches you will have time to reverse before any contact happens. John

6 hours ago, chrisdobson45 said:

Mystic Lady is now ours and will be relocating to Cove Marina this week. We now need to recommission her after being at NYA since September 2022.

We will be having the engines & outdrives serviced (last serviced in 2022) and she needs a good clean ( nothing serious, but Kath wants to give her a thorough going through. 

There’s approximately half a tank of fuel in the tank (300lt). She ran ok on the trial last week but is it worth a dosing of fuel additive? 

What can we use to sanitise the drinking water tank? I believe the tank is empty at present and will refill at Cove.

we spent a great day at NYA yesterday, finished the inventory, re measured the galley for storage and lifted all the hatches in the floor to find everything. Only remaining puzzle is where the TV takes its power from as it appears not to be plugged into the sockets. It’s dead at present, the power lead passes through a hole in the top of the built in storage and disappears into the carcass with a USB lead, arial lead, etc. No idea where it goes from there. I’m hoping there’s a hidden power socket we’ve yet to find. Photo of offending TV…

Superb lunch(again) at East Hills Cafe, it’s becoming a firm favourite.

Last question (for now) where can I get a NBN pennant from? I thought I had previously seen something posted but now cannot find anything

84D81D91-3F51-46FE-8E48-E884A8FC2979.jpeg

She looks good a lovely boat for the coast or Broads.  Never seen it before but the spec from NYA says TV inverter so have a look for an inverter to switch on. That's if we got the right boat. Enjoy your new boat.

Kindest Regards Marge and Parge