the best crane clips..

C.Ricko

They are all on youtube,

just as upsetting for the insurance companies i recon, they hate paying out.

aslo the crews on the ships, they are not always talking the same language to each other so problems can happen..

mind you it may help if they tied off the strops instead of hopeing that they stay apart like usual..

Guest DAYTONA-BILL
I'm soooo glad I didn't see that before this weekend!!!! :o

Is`nt "Secret Lady" still on dry land though Mark :shocked . I`m sure she`s perfectly safe, and will be craned in very carefully.

This also reminds me of about 8-9 years ago when my little yacht "Mistral" was still in the yard, and was`nt quite ready to go back in, so i had to wait another couple of weeks for a suitable tide. On the Saturday, the wind was really howling, and a couple were getting their "Oyster 37" ready for lifting in the next day. They removed some of the extra supporting legs from under the hull, and left her sitting on the cradle. I left Mistral at 3.00pm, and the wind was getting stronger, then at 3.30, the oyster, now with mast stepped and securely fastened tipped on its side taking out 2 other boats with it. All 3 were due to be lifted in the following day. Luckily, Mistral is only 22ft long and on a trailer, so it was parked in the small boat/caravan storage yard on the opposite side of the lane.I still felt really sad to see such a thing happen to a lovely boat like that.