Its Been A While ..........

Brian

Hi Folks,

After a few years without a Broads Going Boat, i purchased a perfect for the Norfolk Broads....... Fletcher GTS18 a couple of years ago, with one of those smaller and more economical 3.0 Mercruiser inboard engines. 

I parked it up on a trailer at Wroxham Yacht Club over the summer of 2022 and early 2023 managed to get a pen to hire from early 2023. To enable it to stay on the water.

It was a lovely boat, cream leather seats, blue shagpile carpet throughout. It was a mini Gin-Palace tender type of craft.  Perfect for the Capital waterways cruising.

So i thought but...... it became apparent that moorings and bird poo didn't agree with this boat, so i needed a re-think..........  Part 2 to follow shortly ;) 

A big shout out to Admin for getting my account working again.

20230716_102652543_iOS.jpg

20230716_102545766_iOS.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Jbx5 said:

Hi Brian good to hear from you, it's a good while since we had a race on Breydon when we had our Quicksilver, Spring 2008? 😀

John 

Oh Yes, those were good times, your Quicksilver was Brand New i think  ?!

So to continue my story.......

I found that  Fletcher speed boat wasn't easy to moor up and get on and off without bring mud and duck poo into the boat.

So i decided to go - Center Console ... Karnic 185 with a little 125 Optimax on the back.  Decided that outboards were the way to go. Travelling down to Portsmouth to pick this one up after buying a trailer and rigging it to fit the trailer in the Portsmouth boatyard on the hottest day on 2023 :( 

With its self draining deck, its easy to wash the duck poo out and to keep it clean inside :) 

Karnic2.jpg

• Like 1