WRC

Stranger

hi peeps as we will be south this may for a change for the full week is the WRC any better as last time we were there it was a bit of a toilet for the geese the shop and pub no faults at all the showers were ok for about 2mins per £1coin so hoping its better if we call in :o

Hi Dave

no probs with the WRC the ViP's its there num1 stop good toilets & showers free pool now heated in winter cant wait to try that .... nice pub do great take out pizza mooring i think were £12 & i think well worth it as i think thats what oulton broad charge ....

will be stopping again this year knowing our luck twice like the last three times

Jonny

Guest DAYTONA-BILL

Hi Dave, we stayed at WRC last year and it was really nice, though i still think they overcharge, and charging you extra for a water fill up on top of your overnight fee is definately being greedy. The place WAS however, lovely and clean, and the shop was very well stocked. We did`nt go in the pub, but we did sit up top and had brekie outside the cafe in the morning. Food at brekie was pretty good too.

In the past, i`ve often been quite outspoken regarding aspects of WRC, but you can`t fault its location and how well maintained it is now. If you`re happy paying £9 per night for mooring, and don`t mind paying extra for water in the morning, it`s a nice place to stop.

I still think it`s a bit overdeveloped though, especially with the shop building being so imposing on the riverside.

Well I like it there!

Its £10 a night which also includes as many showers in the very nice shower block as you need (better value if you have 10 onboard!).

You also get to see what a call the "evolution of man" i.e. the campers getting up in the morning. They crawl out of the tent in the morning, hair all a mess, smelly breath, and then slowly stretch until they are standing but with a stoop, then its on with the wellies until at last they can stand up straight. They then walk towards the showers clutching a wash bag, a towel which is guranteed to come unfolded and drag in the mud and clean clothes for the day ahead.

Meanwhile onboard your boat you just pop in the shower whilst the bacon is under the grill and the kettle is boiling.

y but you cant take your boat down and pop it in the back of your car

drive up a mountain and put it up again. :-)

WRC has always been pricey as long as i've been on the broads, you'd think

you would get a water token with a mooring fee wouldn't you.

WRC offers better facilities than anywhere else accessible to hire boats and even rivals coastal marinas, where you will pay on average £25 per night.

There are downsides like the steel angle edged concrete quay sides but overall I would say it offers good value. Don't mind the £1 charge for water but do wish they had put in a few more hoses.

WRC offers better facilities than anywhere else accessible to hire boats and even rivals coastal marinas, where you will pay on average £25 per night.

There are downsides like the steel angle edged concrete quay sides but overall I would say it offers good value. Don't mind the £1 charge for water but do wish they had put in a few more hoses.

i would rather pay the £1 for water if you dont like that go to the shop see how much you get charged or wait to you find a mooring with free water your choice £10 for 24 hrs at a place like the WRC with what it offers is well worth the £10 charge

Jonny

i'm not knocking it , for you guys who like your comforts its ok i guess.

for me, i go out for the peace and quite and prefer to tie up to a quite spot or nose the boat into the reeds - cost £0

that is until some git pulls out a genny and has it running most of the night so they can watch TV.

Rich

i'm not knocking it , for you guys who like your comforts its ok i guess.

for me, i go out for the peace and quite and prefer to tie up to a quite spot or nose the boat into the reeds - cost £0

that is until some git pulls out a genny and has it running most of the night so they can watch TV.

Rich

erm with have a nice genny on the back whats your boat called where you gonna be have to check when were down & where you will be :lol::lol::naughty::naughty:

Jonny

lol i c the WRC still provokes a variety of responses we shall see if we do stay there moored in a secluded spot sounds best to me and for the ones that need gennys for TVs just learn to be economical with the battery usage but some of the newer boats seem all elecrtic now so the intrrusive gennys are a must for them and yes neil not long now 69 days left :party2::party2::party2:

Guest DAYTONA-BILL

Just up river from WRC at North cove, there`s a small staithe that will fit between 2-4 boats (dependant on sizes) on the southern bank, and a little further up, there`s a slightly bigger "24 hour" BA mooring on the north bank, either just before, or just after the Aldby bridge pier. Should be good for a peaceful mooring on the Waveney.

Guest DAYTONA-BILL

Don't turn it on, sit outside the boat and listen to the wildlife... thats what I do.....

I do set the telly at home to record what I want to watch, and catch up when I get back

cheersbar

Now there speaks a man with a soul :clap:clap:clap