babik cruisers

loribear

:wave hi all, i was talking to a friend the other day about old boat companies & they mentioned a company called babik cruisers, i think that's how you pronounce it, but all the years ive been down norfolk, ive never ever heard of them, has anybody here heard of them ? & were they a big outfit ? & why did they finish ? & what happened to kingfisher cruisers ? i can remember hearing their name but not sure where they were based. lori :Stinky

Hi Lori

Babik doesn’t ring any bells with me but someone may well know.

I think quite a few boats from the Kingfisher yard at Thorpe went to the ill fated Line Azzuro operation at Great Yarmouth. Try Google for a bit of history. DRL’s Dream Time is an ex Kingfisher boat.

cheersbar

There is an ex Kingfisher about to go up for sale, called 'Krista Mian' it lives next to 'the shed' in Wroxham but as we speak is in woods dyke Horning, nice boat duel helm, bowthruster, Webasto, 3 cabins 2 with en-suite plus saloon sleeping. She had not been used for 2 years and until begining of this week was rather green and un loved! Broads boat sales are selling her.

Hi Lori.

Babik Boats was a small Wroxham boatyard situated (if memory in gear) between but on the opposite bank to the Royall and Fineway boatyards. I remember the fleet was well cared for and had a couple of Safaris and an old Brinkcraft centre cockpit in the fleet. They used Blakes as agent.

Fred