Wherry Yacht Norada video

AdnamsGirl

I've put together a short film using some of the footage Kev shot whilst we were sailing on the wherry yacht Norada in September.

It was one of the Wherry Yacht Charter Trusts public sailing days which is an affordable way to get afloat on one of these iconic vessels - it was a whole day's sailing from Stalham to Wroxham at £35 per head. They run several such trips during the year alternating annually between the wherries they have under their care. More details on their website: http://www.wherryyachtcharter.org/

The film was shot on a Fuji HS10 bridge camera - not a dedicated camcorder but gives pretty impressive HD footage .... despite the camerman being rather shaky! (You just can't get the staff these days .... pay peanuts .... :lol: ) I really haven't had much time to put it all together but wanted to try out my upgrade to the Magix Movie Edit Pro 17 plus software - handily, it also created a soundtrack for me!

Carol

Nice video Carol.

You can spill the beans though how a Wherry can progress directly into the wind without external power :grin:

Not heard of Magix Movie Edit Pro 17 plus before do you find it user friendly?

I have been using Sony Vegas but I find it is pretty complex and if a go a few months between using it takes me an age to re aquatint myself with it. Something more user friendly might be what I need.

Many thanks all! cheers

Perry - Norada may or may not have had an electric motor installed to assist when "winds and tide become adverse" :naughty:

Mind you, I believe that there were electric motors installed in boats at the time Norada was built in 1912 weren't there? I know there were certainly electric cars around.

I think Magix are a German company. I have to confess that I have never used any other movie editing software apart from Magix so have nothing to compare it to (other than Windows movie maker). I have been using an older version for the last 8 years or so and only upgraded when I discovered that my existing version couldn't cope with the video files produced by Kev's camera. I am lazy really .... although I read some reviews of Sony Vegas and others, I decided I couldn't be bothered to learn how to use new software and, as I was already familiar with the way Magix worked thought it would do me! I find it straightforward to use but haven't really explored all that my latest version has to offer. Movie Edit 17 is not the latest version, but as I managed to pick it up on Ebay for under £20 it will do! I don;t really need too much in the way of whistles and bells.

We've used other Magix software - Kev has had three versions of their audio cleaning lab for transferring vinyl and creating music CD's. I have to say that although their software is extrenmely good value, I find it to be a little flaky at times. The audio cleaning lab is prone to crashes. The reviews I read for Movie Edit 17 also mentioned problems with crashing but I decided to give it a go - it has crashed once already! I haven't really played about with too many of the advanced features yet either so will see how things go.

Carol

Thanks Carol I will have a look at that programme.

Yes just jesting as my one experience with a Wherry (Evidenced by Ian - Palmtree) had an electric motor and the Wherry itself quite a penchant for bushes :naughty:

In fairness as you can see I had been taken aboard against my will and in the picture was trying to escape from my rope shackles, as can clearly be seen I am grimacing ;)