Broads boat found sinking at Stokesby after joy ride from Acle

ranworthbreeze

A stolen boat was found sunk at Stokesby, the BA are putting a barrier around the boat to avoid polution, the full story can be seen at:-

http://www.edp24.co.uk/news/broads_boat_found_sinking_at_stokesby_after_joy_ride_from_acle_1_2864567

This is the second boat that has been stolen in the last few weeks.

Regards

Alan

Third theft I think.  

The boat at Stokesby is well and truly sunk now with the high tide, the cabin windows are below the water, and, just the very top of the cabin is showing, with water washing over it..  

Saw it today, sorry state of affairs.  Nothing seems to be leaking from it though, so no environmental worries.

Apparently it had changed hands and was moored down stream from Acle BridgeOne of our members .Captain Josh used to own her,hence the name I would think.John is quite sad about it and has offered to help raise her along with others if needed.Very sad ,to much of this happening now days.!

oh dear , thats aweful news, we did see it on thursday when we stopped of for lunch,& did notice that it was starting to sink , but thought it was because of the weight of the outboard, i did ask at the shop if they knew who it belonged to, but they no they did'nt . sad.gif lori