Good news and bad news

Mowjo

First the good news! Moonfleet at Stalham has just dropped the price of their Diesel from £1.40 to £1.35, the bad news is my boat is now fixed and i,m out and about on the river, i.m at Wroxham and we are the only boat there, went to get some electric from the tourist shop but they don,t open until Friday, but more good news, if the shop is ever shut you can buy the electric cards at Barnes Brinkcraft from the reception, bad news is we are headind back to Broadsedge tomorrow because i have to make a staart getting the boat ready to paint the topside,,,,

You can buy them direct from the Broads Authority, just contact them and they will send them out by post hopefully before your time on the Broads.

I have also contacted them regarding cards that would not work on several electric posts and they sent me out replacements (as you know when the card is registered on the post it puts a series of dots on the card)

Regards

Alan

Alan! I usually  carry a couple of spare cards as I never plan anything we just point the boat and go! I forgot I gave my last two to my Daughter at the end of last season and forgot to replace them, having spent the last three weeks painting the hull and waiting for my engine to be fixed, I thought I would take it for a little run just to make sure the engine was Ok after the service, fuel pump repair and having the injectors serviced, the intention was to go to Irstead for lunch then back to the marina to get the topside ready for painting, but we some how ended up at Wroxham, we got here around lunchtime and all we have had was one Private boat that stayed for an hour then went over to Porters and we have one empty 27 footer moored here that was here when we drove down last week,  I was quite surprised by the amount of  hire boats out, we passed a hiring forum member on the Ant but by the time I saw the forum Logo we had gone past it and I didn't even get it's name, still it's nice and quite out here may be too quite for me but I have to make the most of it as it's back to working on the boat Wednesday, I'm glad to report my old 1.5 BMC now purrs like a kitten, Ian at Broadsedge did a great job on it, trouble is I can now hear Judi when she talks to me, I've had the Hampton for three years and it's never ran so well even though I have it serviced every year, Ian did say the injectors had something to do with it, no people watching for me today as there's no one around, so I'm shinning my new torch everywhere and blinding the ducks instead, I'll post something about the torch when I get back home on my own Pooter, it's only around six inches long, battery or rechargeable, but you have to see the beam on it to believe it, I'm at the Wroxham public mooring and can actually light up the road bridge from here,,,,

Frank,,,,

• Like 1