Nature and history lovers flock to North Walsham and Dilham Canal Trust open day

ranworthbreeze

The North Walsham & Dilham Canal Trust open day continues tomorrow between 10.00am & 5.00pm at Ebridge Mill, Happisburgh, near North Walsham.

If in the area please give the members of the trust your support.

http://www.edp24.co.uk/news/nature_and_history_lovers_flock_to_north_walsham_and_dilham_canal_trust_open_day_1_3642994

Regards

Alan

to return it to its former glory would mean opening it for navigation by the last remaining wherries.

I`ve looked on the trusts website where in one section, they`ve removed weed and were preparing to dredge it, but lo and behold, the BA started to get involved, and put a stop to it. If i was in charge of the trust, i`d have told them it`s private property where they have NO authority, and told them to push off.

• Like 1

SPEEDTRIPLE, can you please point me towards the page on the NWDCT web site to which you refer. I've had a browse around, but have only found mention of the difficulties they are experiencing with the Environment Agency.

Thanks.

Went down today as we only live half a mile away.Amazing what this group has achieved and their future plans for the canal are brilliant .not many years ago you would not know where some of the course was ,but today you can walk or take a boat one and a half miles .their was even a sailing dinghy making good progress today .If you are local pop down tomorrow there are some stalls and Canoe man is there so,you can get out on the water if you fancy. Roy

• Like 1