Fishing in 2014

Thanks for the update TrevorandDeidre. Congratulations on your 25th Anniversary donnygeoff. We just celebrated our 25th last month & we are coming down for 2 weeks in Sept/Oct to celebrate but my wife didnt want a old bathtub from Richardsons so im paying top dollar & booked Broadlander. I will bring my fishing gear and get a few short sessions in.

We have just returned after two weeks on the North Side. Fished Wayford, Womak. Neatished and Fleet Dyke.

Lots of Bream up to 6lb (sorry I am still old money) Roach, Rudd, and Perch. I even nearly landed a good Pike on my float rod after it took the Roach that was on. Didn't half make me jump.

Loads of fun. Fish2  cheersbar

• Like 1

Was fishing at oulton a few weeks ago off the bow of the boat. My fiancee caught her first ever fish which happened to be a bloody eel :/

I caught a few roach and perch but nothing too great.

On the brighter side i have been catching a few too many bream from my mooring. In fact it seems to be the only fish in the waters at the moment (not that im complaining). Simply fished with pink n white maggots.

Redoing my decking tomorrow so i think a bit of fishing will be the order of business once its done :-D

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Not North side I know but good fishing for the casual angler: Fished last week on Chet at Loddon end of Pyes Mill moorings caught Roach and Perch to half pound. Boat Dyke at the Locks Inn Geldeston with Roach and Perch to six ounces and a few small chub. Brundall (Brooms basin - we moor there), Perch to 1.5 pounds and Roach to a pound. Yare from Commissioner's Cut moorings Perch and Roach to half pound. Only fishing for an hour or two each time with maggot and caster. Nothing special but ideal fishing if you have youngsters.

Roy

up north....

funny time fishing....

wild moored on ant....roach and bream on bread....would not take sweetcorn

ludham bridge, just under it, port side after going through form the boat yard....roach and bream on sweetcorn, wouldn't take bread

just below Wayford... sweetcorn only for roach and bream

final night, again wild moored on Ant, bread again...

:Stinky

Strange how some baits work in certain areas & not in others. Me and my are brother down in 4 weeks so we are getting giddy plus buying loads of bait. All the usual stuff maggot/caster/corn/worms  & bread. Then bags & bags of groundbait & a sack of crumb, hemp & molasses plus a few other bits that might help. Then week after im back with my wife & bringing all the same stuff just a little bit less of it all. Only fair i make room for her clothes lol.

• 1 month later...

Well we had a cracking week over 250lb caught over the week between 2 of us & fished in 5 different spots, some were better than others. AJB fishing tackle at Ludham bridge kept us stocked with maggots,casters & worms. Best fish Perch 3lb 9oz  Pike 12lb 12oz & 18lb 8oz, Bream 5 between 4lb 2oz up to 5lb 2oz.

• Like 1