Ingham Swan receives Waitrose award.

It certainly used to be owned by Woodfordes, but I believe it was sold off some time back. It no longer appears on the Woodfordes website, although it does appear under the section showing pubs that stock Woodfordes. I remember going in The Swan about 5 years ago and getting the impression it was no longer owned by Woodfordes, even though the only ales stocked were Woodfordes.

The Swan has always had a good reputation for food right back to when it was owned by Woodfordes and looking at the menu on the website, certainly sounds like it is worth a visit soon. 

I may be a dinosaur in that I often judge a pub's catering offerings by the Sunday lunch menu. When I see such descriptions as "caramelized", "ju" instead of gravy, Sautéed Savoy, and Rosemary Roast Potatoes I flee to a much more basic description. Can't be doing with "messed about" Sunday dinners!

• Like 1

Well, their menus certainly get my tastebuds feeling interested and I don't mind that kind of "messing about" with Sunday lunch  ;)

Does anyone know where it would be best to moor to get to the Swan? Looks to me as if it should be possible to walk there from either Sutton Staithe or Stalham, but have no idea what the walk would be like!

Have done the walk from Stalham and cycled it  for lunch. Probably a 30min walk, doable, but longer from Sutton. The road is quite a busy road and the latter half towards Ingham has no footpath so your walking along the verge. I've walked it in the past in the evening and tried to leave whilst it is still light. The other alternative is a taxi from Stalham, or walk there and taxi back.