IMPULSE BUYING

SPEEDTRIPLE

We went for a weekend break to York and on Diane's second visit to the Outlet Centre I decided to drop her and have a look around the river .Picked her up and said we would just pop into this Yard I had found ! just have a look .Two weeks before Christmas and cold and bleak as yards are at that time of year,but there was a Princess 30 which was owned by an artist who used to visit every day.Invited aboard it was warm and cosy and we were offered a run up to York was just too tempting and it would have been rude to not buy at the price the owner was prepared to drop to , to sell,deal done .On the way home we realised that we had a lovely Freeman 24 at Horning and now had the job of selling quickly which luckily we did .How does this happen to normally level headed people.?

• Like 1

Easy one boaters. We wanted to upgrade from our first boat a 26footer. Thought a 34 would be more than big enough. Until we saw the 38!

About double the budget we had, but as it has been said before it whispered buy me in my ear. So we did!

Did a similar thing many years ago with a car. After some personal traumas we decided we needed a treat and wanted a convertible. Said to the wife lets just stop at the Porsche dealer on the way to her parents. 2 quick test drives later in the boxter and we sat down to choose the colour