IMPULSE BUYING

SPEEDTRIPLE

Hi all,

I`m sure we all guilty of it, but how many other people like to admit to impulse buying, and what sort of things have you bought on impulse.

A few weeks ago, Karen and i went out to pay the deposit for our customary Christmas meal for the 2 of us (we go ou to a pub / restaurant for a christmas meal for just the 2 of us every year), and came home with a £700 greenhouse. Several years back, just after we bought the bungalow, i went to one of the local bike shops to buy my brother a Christmas present (bike mug, tee shirt etc etc) and came away with a Triumph 955i Daytona Many more years back when i was in my early 20s, i went to a local sports and outdoor shop to buy a fishing license, and came back with an air rifle (a BSA Airsporter S in .22 clibre). A couple of years back, we went out to buy some Birthday cards, and came back with a 3 piece suite.

Has anybody ever gone out to buy something small and insignificant, but come back with a boat for example?.

• Like 3

Just over a year ago we went to show family around a potential houseboat conversion in an old boatyard.. Our eyes were drawn to a shetland 16ft as a little fishing boat.. £50.. couple of days work.. we walked with a 28 foot crusier boat requiring a 16 -18 month refit... I'm never setting foot in that yard again!

• Like 5

OH DEAR......

I didn't go out to buy anything one day, I just said to SWMBO......

"I fancy a toy car"

She said, "what do you mean, a toy car"

"I mean, one that you can have fun in, not just get from A to B"

Her reply..... "Whatever"

After a trip to Norfolk, and stopping off at Cromer, I pointed out an old Merc slk, saying to her,  "something like that........."

Her reply..... "Whatever"

That was the end of the conversation, UNTIL...........

A few weeks later I decide to have a quick look at auto trader while on my lunch and saw something for sale 6 miles away from where I work

I phoned the bloke up, went to see it, got back to the office, phoned SWMBO and said.

"hi love, I've just bought my toy car"

post-120-0-29396000-1418379073_thumb.jpg

I think she now understands that "WHATEVER" is not a good way to end a conversation.

only downside, is that she won't let me look at boats for sale.....Just in case......

:Stinky

• Like 6

Taking my Mod Hat off, as I would not do such foolish things with it on :norty: , we went one day to go and purchase a new loo seat. We happened to be passing our local car dealer, who was moving the new FIAT Stilo into the showroom.

Welllll I just had to have a look at it, didn't I :norty:  Yup, 30 minutes later I WAS the owner of that car! A very expensive bog seat indeed! :naughty:

cheers Iain.

Do shoes count? I am sure my wife could give Imelda Marcos a run for her money :naughty:  But not in the Jimmies though :bow  :bow

Aston boat or car - there is still grovelling to be done :bow  :bow

I will list a few other impulse buys, but we did purchase a BBQ lodge a few years ago at the Norwich Country Fair. Egged on by my wifes cousin and partner - funny they never bought one though :naughty:

Yeah but I couldn't spell that Dave :cry

And to be honest I have no idea what make they are - all I know is they take up one heck of a lot of space and she moans if I make her walk too far in them.

At least we buy shoes we can wear.

Mind you, she doesn't know about all my tools in the man shed :naughty:  :naughty:  :naughty:  

An impulse buy...Some eight years ago my best pal of twenty four years, Sam, kicked the bucket. Sam was the very best of friends. A scruffy Border Lakeland Terrier cross, reminiscent in looks to Spit the Dog. He'd seen me through two marriages, had let my daughter dress him up and put him in her pram to be wheeled around the garden, more importantly he had been my anchor to sanity after my stroke. I might forget where I was, who I was or what i was supposed to be doing but Sam would bring order to my life. I knew who he was & he would bring structure to my day, telling me when it was time to feed him or walk him, or when it was time for my tablets.When he'd gone I didn't want another dog. I continued to walk the other half's lab and collie, but I didn't want another dog.

Two years later and the eldest lad decided he was going to buy a beagle. My other half went with him to look at a litter. Now call me a mind reader but I just knew someone would come back having put a deposit on a dog. I still didn't want another dog but just as I was sure the other half would buy a puppy, I knew I would end up walking it. What's more I knew it would not be trained properly and given a stupid name (The last dog the other half bought is called Spot...and believe me you feel an idiot shouting for Spot walking in the woods). So even though I didn't want a dog on impulse I said yes you can buy one but it lives with me...I pick his name and he will be trained. Best impulse I've had in a long while! Of course as things turn out I not only ended up with Dylan...

Dylan_zpse3149fcd.jpg

But his litter mate Toby too!

Toby_zps30545a3e.jpg

Double Trouble!

BeagleBrothers_zpsf83edc65.jpg

• Like 4

Went to the Ferry Inn at Horning for lunch one Sunday and just stopped to look at boats at NYA,yes you've guessed finished up buying a Freeman 23.Had to sell my Shetland then. Sold Freeman last  year due to major surgery and was not going to buy another. being bored one day looked at a brokers web site and a week I was the owner of a Shetland 610. The best impulse buy I have ever made as it came with a very sought after mooring.

• Like 1

Having moved our Calypso from Norfolk to the Medway, we were staying with a friend in Norfolk. I managed to convince Matron to have a look at a Topliner that was listed at NYA nearby in Brundall. And the rest is history, as they say.

After three seasons, I still can't justify selling either of them. : )

Having moved our Calypso from Norfolk to the Medway, we were staying with a friend in Norfolk. I managed to convince Matron to have a look at a Topliner that was listed at NYA nearby in Brundall. And the rest is history, as they say.

After three seasons, I still can't justify selling either of them. : )

Whereabouts on the Mudway do you keep it Mark?.

I`ve just noticed one of the mods has edited the headline of this thread, as i missed off the "E" at the end of "impulsE". I did try to edit the headline and correct it, but it would only allow me to edit the main text only.

Whover did so,................. cheers. cheers

They must have acted on impulse.....

:Stinky

• Like 2