240 Volt System

Mark42

There is definitley one person on here to answer any question about Richardsons boats. C.Rico, Clive.

I am sure he will be answering soon.

Don't discount Dan - at times I wonder if he knows more about Richardsons than Clive does. :naughty:

Don't discount Dan - at times I wonder if he knows more about Richardsons than Clive does. :naughty:

Simon,

Dont joke about these things, he probably does :bow

Hi Mark,

I am pretty sure most things are fine on the system definitely the hairdryer and straightners, I had better be 100% before commiting on here but have never been told otherwise. I will post again tomorrow.

Hi Mark,

It is normally best to ask the right people, so I did!

The inverters we use are good for a MAXIMUM of 2 KW they should blow an internal fuse if overloaded but generally dont - they break!

Basically most things are fine, we are finding that some hairdryers are more like fan heaters and too powerfull and good hair straightners draw too much load, (but cheap ones are ok) Everything elce is generally fine except deep fat fryers electric fires and fan heaters.

Have a good holiday, Best Regards,

Mark,

Sorry, I forgot to mention that, most of the time the engine would not need to be run (laptop charging or short bursts of anything) but to power things like the microwave it may be best to run the engine to help the batteries and make them last longer while the 240V is not in use.

Hope this helps.

Best regards.

To Clive,

With you knowing so much about Richardons am i correct in thinking that you work at the yard.

Mark

Yes, something like that but I doubt the rest of my family would credit me with the word 'work'

'Ricko' is short for Richardson.

I still dont think I know as much as Dan :lol:

First time i will have been with Richardson, in Early April i assume they will not have many boats to turn round in the morning is there ever any chance of getting the boat before 2pm, went with Aston last April and they phoned me up at home the night before and said arrive at 11AM...which was nice of them.

Mark

Mark,

best phone a couple of days before you come and ask for Nigel, we may even call you before as we start getting a few underway by 1pm, this way we dont have 20 trial runs on the board at 4.30 and everyone waiting. we started this last year and it worked really well.

It is not just my yard Dan knows about, it is just about everybodys, not just on the Broads, I only met him just before Christmas so did not know him,

I suppose he is like some kind of boatyard stalker :naughty:;)

Clive,

I suspect richardsons, in early april, dont have many boats to turn round on a saturday morning. Is it ever possible to collect a boat before 2pm? Last year we went with aston boats in april and they contacted us to say that the boat was available from 11am.

Mark

Clive,

I suspect richardsons, in early april, dont have many boats to turn round on a saturday morning. Is it ever possible to collect a boat before 2pm? Last year we went with aston boats in april and they contacted us to say that the boat was available from 11am.

Mark

We seem to be in some strange feedback loop here. :)

I would recommend looking Clive's previous suggestion that you call the yard a few days before and sort it out then. Don't be surprised if Richardson's do indeed have lots of boats out in April and much depends on whether the boat you have hired is out the week before and what else Richardson's have to cope with that morning. Even they probably won't know that until a few days before, hence the phone call.

Yes Clive i will contact you on this site a few days before we are due to arrive...very much looking forward to meeting you all...it will be the first time at your yard...the quality of the new range of boats you have has attarcted us to give you a try...if we like the Broads Sunrise then we will book it every April. We live about 2.5 hours drive away so no point in us setting off to early if the boat is going to be 2ish for hand over. The main part youw wanted to know, your surprise is that you will get to meet my mother in law :dance

Mark

Hi Mark,

Even if you get to Richardsons 2 to 3 hours early, there are things to do.

A visit to the Museum of the Broads,is worth it. It's on the Staithe.

Last minute forgotten supplies from Tesco's, just up the road.

A quick whet at the Wayford Bridge Hotel. And even a 5 min drive to Potter to pass the time.

And of course a quick look at the other boats to see if any suit your needs better.

cheersbar

Yes i agree looking at the boats and some provisions from Tesco will be required. My plan on Saturday is to get to Horning before the Deli closes so i can stock up with the best pork pies in the country before i haed off to Braydon on Sunday morning....last April got from Stalham to Horning in 1.5 hours but was a bit naughty with the speed and did not come accross any other boats ahead of me due to it being early April...so hope to hit Horning for 4.30pm but depends on what time i pick the boat up.

Hi Mark,

I hope I get to meet the M. I. L. :grin: why not call in to Horning by car and avoid rushing? 8-) you could also get a start going the right way down the bure for Breydon.

The deli do some lovely Morroccan lamb Pasties too ;)

going fast(er) uses a rediculous amount of extra diesel ;)