Meet the woman who has holidayed on the Broads for 70 years

AdnamsGirl

Some lovely old pics in this article in the EDP.

http://www.edp24.co.uk/business/tourism/roy_s_store_was_just_a_little_nissen_hut_meet_the_woman_who_has_holidayed_on_the_broads_for_70_years_1_4051526

Shame that their children didn't catch the Broads bug! And unusual really given that they must have been brought here from an early age if the couple holidayed here every year. It's amazing just how many people I have contact with through Broadland Memories caught the bug after coming along with their parents in the 50s/60s/70s/80s etc.

I'm currently distraught! OH wants a holiday away from the Broads and boating this year !  :eek:   :cry

Just what other sort of holiday is there? :naughty:

After a distinct lack of boating last year because of what was going on with mum in law, I'm not sure I can cope with this idea!

Carol

• Like 6

Ha! Nothing so exotic as airports involved. I haven't had a valid passport since we got married 30 years ago and don't "do" planes! :o

The last time he tried to cook he gave us both food poisoning, which is some going for a vegetarian meal.

Hmmm ....   (goes off to check life insurance policy ....) :naughty:

Carol

• Like 2

Ah Iain, not like all those hours on the A1, A17 and A47  :naughty:  :naughty:  :naughty:

And dont forget if you Northern lot keep moaning about us Southern lot there might be border controls put in place :dance  :dance  I will have a word with my mate Nigel when he gets in power to rebuild that wall and move it a bit further North. :dance  :dance

Joke everyone before I get hounded down. :bow