Ex Lifeboat

CaptinDread

I doubt you would get one of those for a Monkey. They are incredibly well built to stand the drop launches and I am sure there would be a refurb and export business for that type of kit.

ChrisB

Afraid I see loads of redundant lifeboats lying around all over the world and especially around oil service ports when Inam working so price seems fair to me.

Agree they are very strong hulls but need a lot of work to convert to something useable.

cheers

Ray

They clear alot at a yard at Stonehaven and they seem to go for between £3k to 6k. The engines must be worth a fair bit as they will have very few hours and must be well maintained.

Thinking about these boats their construction must fall under SOLAS regs. But to use one for a purpose other than that for which they were contructed??? Do you fall foul of RCD?

Maybe that is why you see so many Ray. You can't buy a shed or a chicken house for £500 Need some paint though or the neighbours would complain and the chickens stop laying.

I have no idea what requirements are under rcd are or if even required

Just Saying there are shed loads of these boats just lying around all over the uk

They are a very strong hull will need extensive modernisation and usually because they are designed for a multiple passenger evacuation will require significant extra ballast added to make it a a viable useeable hull

But why not give it a go

cheers

Ray

The engines might well have been well maintained whilst in use but will probably have been neglected whilst in storage, and that might mean several years of decay. If boats in Lowestoft are anything to go by the engines might not be silenced or anything more than basic. 

I have no idea what requirements are under rcd are or if even required

Just Saying there are shed loads of these boats just lying around all over the uk

They are a very strong hull will need extensive modernisation and usually because they are designed for a multiple passenger evacuation will require significant extra ballast added to make it a a viable useeable hull

But why not give it a go

cheers

Ray

Hey Ray... you wouldn't believe the amount of these orange blobby jobs are scattered around the canals of london - Bizarre - or typically London! In a short towpath yomp from Haggerston to Mile End i saw four!