San Elena

BobScott

We had it for a week from 18th July (must get a report written up). Nice boat that was easy to handle. Great layout for what we wanted. Only downside was the heavy rain we had at the end of that week. Unfortunately it was a bit like a sieve. Two beds became unusable, the canopy covers were all but useless as all the press studs were broken so the rain pored in all over the control panel and through the side windows. The rain also wouldn't clear at the back of the boat and came in through the sliding door.

Luckily, we had cracking weather all week until the Friday dinner time but I would hate to be on it for a full week in the rain.

Luckily, over the past 40 years, I think I could count the times we've had downpours like the one on the Friday afternoon on one hand. Just a much drier part of the country than over here.

It was handy it was the end of the week - we just used every towel we could get our hands on. How on earth they dried it all out for the next people on the Saturday I'll never know.

Edited by Alan

I hired San Elena back in 2005 with 6 of us aboard. Its a very comfortable boat and the layout with its two saloons is great. We also liked the large forecabin, the sunroof within the sliding roof and the patio doors at the rear. On the downside the single cabin is particularly cramped but no boat is perfect. Its been smartened up recently with a new white exterior so should be good value I'd have thought.

• Like 1

Yes, I had the front cabin with my wife so that daughter and her husband could have cabins next to the 3 grandchildren. Took me a while when I got home to stop looking for a locker at the bottom of the bed to put my feet on !

• Like 1