Old Hearts boats never die.....

Hi Jonny

Hearts had a fair few DC30's in the 70s/80's. More recently, in the 90s they had a couple that were called Broadheart but these moved to Horning and became Barbados for the last few years of their hire life.

I've never thought the windows on a DC30 look quite right somehow, but I guess we all like different boats and luckilly there is enough to keep us all happy!

I saw the Ocean 30 ex Brave Heart at Richardsons recently. Whilst some updating was needed I was quite keen, and impressed at the feeling of space for 30ft.... it was at this point I realised I best get off it before I fell in love with it! I think they have another in the wetshed too that is also a similar shade of orangey red!

Dan

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I saw the Ocean 30 ex Brave Heart at Richardsons recently. Whilst some updating was needed I was quite keen, and impressed at the feeling of space for 30ft.... it was at this point I realised I best get off it before I fell in love with it! I think they have another in the wetshed too that is also a similar shade of orangey red!

Hi Dan

yes while i was down at the yard i walking flash i was stood there as it was snowing in my T shirt just looking at the DC 30 & the broom 30 that were up for sale as flash was getting covered in snow :mrgreen:

Jonny ice sliceice slice

Guest DAYTONA-BILL

OI you lot, nothing wrong with the DC30, one of my all time favourite broads cruisers. One of the best boats on the broads for a couple. i just wish i could afford one :cry:cry:cry:cry:cry . regards to all..............Neil.

I do have this photo somewhere but not scanned, I also think Dan may have copied it.

Dan, Are you there!??

Only just picked up on this thread (been back at work this week and really busy - bah!) - I'd like to say 'wow' Clive!!

Come on Dan, get the scanner out.........

I only knew Hearts in Richos days and just loved the place and staff - I remember one of the engineers telling me the story of it being dragged back across the field by a work tug that was in the area or something?? Do you know/can you remember the full story Clive?

Best wishes,

James.

Thats the one Dan,

we were told it could not be moved without digging it out, My brother went down with an old seadog who worked for us at the time, they borrowed a big boat from whoever was doing some defence work and with a big 100m odd rope they kept on snatching until she dropped in!

Hi James,

I wrote this on the previous page, Dan has put the picture up above it.

cheersbar

In the words of Homer Simpson - d'oh!!

Thanks Clive, Dan for repeating the info - I'm such a donut and indeed should have gone to spec savers!!I should really know how to use forums by now being an IT Engineer by profession - ooops!

That's the picture Dan - and thanks for posting it, brings back more happy memories of the reception at Hearts - well found.

Best wishes,

James.

• 4 months later...

hi all,

following on from this thread, does anyone have any history of info on pirate of Hearts 1, Elysian 34, D673, which ive found out started life as richardsons hire boat back in 1972? as fairway 3..then sold to hearts cruisers in about 89/90..

ive checked her out on superb norfolk broads boats site,

any info or pics at all would be great..

many thanks indeed :)

andy

Guest DAYTONA-BILL

Hi Dan, i looked over an Elysian 34 in one of ricko`s basins a couple of years ago in September 08. She was in a bit of a mess, and i thought it would make a good project. Do you know if they still have them for sale, as if they have, i`d like to "peruse" them. I have in my minds eye, a luxury 2 berth layout, but on my limited funds it`ll just be a pipe dream untill the funds become available :cry:cry:cry:cry . How is the varnishing coming on Miss Louisa Dan, any progress on the bits you`ve taken home?. Regards .............. Neil.

Hi Dan, i looked over an Elysian 34 in one of ricko`s basins a couple of years ago in September 08. She was in a bit of a mess, and i thought it would make a good project. Do you know if they still have them for sale, as if they have, i`d like to "peruse" them. I have in my minds eye, a luxury 2 berth layout, but on my limited funds it`ll just be a pipe dream untill the funds become available :cry:cry:cry:cry . How is the varnishing coming on Miss Louisa Dan, any progress on the bits you`ve taken home?. Regards .............. Neil.

Hi Neil

There were two Elysian 34s there the other week.

The dividing door off 'Louisa is currently looking great in my office! :lol:

I have to decorate at my parents this week but will hopefully make a start on it soon

All the best

Dan

hi dan,

thanks for those,im currently on the moorings at stalham with my 27 elysian and was walking around the yard last weekend and saw the old hearts boats all looking a bit forlorn!some of the smaller elysian 27s look like they need a bit but could still be turned round.. looking at them took me back to my hireboat days in the eighties..

As for pirate of Hearts Elysians, where they first on richardsons hire fleet? does anyone have pics?

Wish i could save em all really! :) but then id have to buy a yard to put them on..prehaps near norwich..thorpe?? could always live on an MTB.. :lol:

What a brilliant collection of photos!

I particularly like the last one, of the final years under Richos ownership, as this is the era when we hired most from them.

Happy times!

cheers,

James.

• 2 months later...

Hi Everyone

I decided to create a dedicated website to Hearts Cruisers for those interested in them and to help preserve the memory and also hopefully grow information and material on them.

I'd be interested in any photos anyone would like to share, and many thanks to AdnamsGirl, C.Ricko, Broads01 and Hemel_Dave for helping me with information and/or more photos to use. Also thanks to stowboy who encouraged me to create the site in the firstplace.

Its a fairly basic place at the moment, but hopefully it can grow as I can make time and more things come to light

www.heartscruisers.co.uk

All the best

Dan

hi dan

ive flagged it up on the flickr boat group

hope thats ok

http://www.flickr.com/groups/boats-on-t ... 762729639/

jill

Hi Jill

Any promotion of the site is much welcomed, thanks cheersbar

I do need to have a look at some extra pictures and will be using some from your flickr group as Trambo has posted several there and has given his permission for me to use them. I have also got some pictures of a Hearts tea-set to add :grin:

Dan

Hi Dan

well done mate cheers really interesting site.. will add my latest project as a resto thread..will clive let me use that hearts tea set for afternoon tea on board???

I cant find the picture of the plates,

we do have a cup and saucer which was not found when the photographer was with us but i will bring my own cup if the tea is not stewed. cheers