ANYBODY AFLOAT 7 - 11 NOVEMBER

SPEEDTRIPLE

Hi all,

Karen and i will be on Lightning for this week, which will be the first time we`ve been on the Broads this late. Is anybody else going to be afloat the same week?. If so, we will be staying south and most likely be looking to moor wherever the leccy posts are. Seriously though, being our first week out of season, what pubs and shops etc are still open this late in the year?. Also, do the quay rangers still man the quays etc, and do the water hoses stay outside of the season?. As usual, if anybody sees us please come along and say hello.

Hi Neil,

Make sure you have an hose on Lightning, some of the hoses are removed and some of the toilets locked.

Most of the pubs and shops are still open, not sure about the quay rangers but Yarmouth Yacht station closes for winter (not sure when)m Oulton Broad and Beccles Yacht Stations operate shoter hours so I recommend that you phone them if wishing to have shore power.

Regards

Alan

• Like 1

Well, only a week away now, and looking forward to it.  If the weather is bad, we might just stay at Brooms and use her as a houseboats and go out in the car. I`ve discovered some disused WW2 airfields which look like you can drive onto them, so even if it`s bad, we`ll have an alternative.