Water Water Everywhere???

PastorsDayOff

So, who else got caught out today like I did with the extra low tides on the Southern Broads? I know I have a sailboat, but my keel isn’t that deep, yet I still couldn’t get back to my mooring at St Olaves late this afternoon because the water was too shallow on the New Cut!

• Sad 2

Just now, Chelsea14Ian said:

In the past we have at times got close at Brundall. Earlier this year the water was low we had just enough water to move.A few years back in the summer going to Beecles the river was more like a stream. 

PS hope you got in in the end

Ian 

Hi Ian. I did get in at the end, after waiting for a couple of hours for the water to come up about a foot, but once in the marina I still couldn’t get back on my mooring because I was once again grounding out; so after a couple of failed attempts to get on another mooring, I finally found one that I could get into. But I’m off out in a moment to move the boat, and hopefully negotiate a deeper mooring. 

• Like 1

The marina have just allocated me a different mooring in deeper water, and I have just been down to move onto it. 

Irronically, the water was as high as it was low yesterday. One extreme to another. But at least I am not so worried about potential underwater damage now.

• Like 2