Blakes 2008

Dan

Well I got mine and I didn't even ask for one.

I really like it there's loads of new pictures of boats even some new interior pics infact sanderson and high craft all their boats have new pictures.. I like the layout alot more than hoseasons style but they have taken a good idea from hoseasons by having all the prices under the boats instead of flicking to the back. Also I like the front cover.

What they have left now are hi smuggler, hopes, promise,endeavour and classic duet 1 and 2 can't remember the name of the boat that's the same as lady sandra from sanderson but that's gone think bruyer off the NBF bought her so no there ain't no new boats.

Also brinks are still their usual good value the difference in prices between brinks supreme new in 99 (alpha 35) and the brand new brinks concerto (also alpha 35 but highliner version) is about £80.

Well hoorah, my copy was waiting for me when I got home last night.

It certainly does seem a big improvement over recent years, with several new photos as James says, especially for the Broads fleets, which are some of the better looking pages I thought. It didn't look to me like a brochure that was going to be the last year, as rumoured elsewhere but I guess we will have to wait and see

All the best

Dan

I'd agree this year's brochure is an improvement. Definitely plenty of new interior photos, especially on the Faircraft Loynes pages, which is a plus. I'd like to see some interior shots for Sandersons & Highcraft - the fact they've taken new photos of the exteriors but not shown the interiors makes me question what the interiors look like.

I have just sent

Faircraft and Barnes a Email ........

Full write up is in Members area.

There's only 3 boats that seem to be ideal for us in 2008 for our Bank holiday weekend getaway........

The 2008 Fair Admiral

Brinks Melody

Brinks Lullaby

All about the same price as the Prisma we had Last year but offering so much more :)

• 3 weeks later...

I just sneaked a read of my mums brochure when I saw her at lunchtime, I was shocked to see only 5 boatyards on the Broads.

I also noticed that a lot of the canal based boatyards and also Kris Cruisers where I used to work have taken part in the BMF Hire Boat Handover Audit Programme. However, none of the Broads based yard on Blakes have taken part although I'm not sure about Hoseasons yards. Anyone know why they have not signed up? According to BMF some insurance companies are offering discounts.

The details of the scheme are here http://www.britishmarine.co.uk/ You need to click on Training services and Courses and then on Hire Boat Handover Programme. There is also a downloadable guide but as it's 34 pages I have not had time to read it yet.

Neil

Hi Neil

Yes; Only five Blakes yards on the Broads. I frightening trend. Do you remember the attached that i posted some time back? In the 60's look how many there were.

Keith

Norfolk

post-1-136713386626_thumb.jpg

Looking at those badges reminds me that I have got a metal badge of the George Smith & Sons flag somewhere. It was given to my sister before I was born and I "borowed" it a long time ago :norty:

I will have to see if I can find it and take a photo.

Neil