Sign in to follow this  
donnygeoff

AIR DRAFT.... WILL IT FIT UNDER THE BRIDGE

Before I went on holiday, I asked how high PRINCESS from Richardsons was, so that I could make a rough plan for the trip, timing for bridges.

Well after quite a bit of research on the Richardson fleet, here are some airdraft details on them.

Hopefully a good resource for new hirers and even regular hirers, as the air draft is not shown in the catalogues.

Hope it helps.....

CLICK ON THEM FOR BIGGER PIC

post-360-136713899736_thumb.jpg

post-360-136713899768_thumb.jpg

PS, in case I have made a little mistake, approach ALL bridges with care, making sure you have enough time to change your mind if you cam't make it

:Stinky

I hope no-one will be offended if I point out that some of the air drafts listed are not heights that current Potter Bridge pilots would recognise. As far as Potter Bridge is concerned, boats listed as needing more than 6' 10" may as well be listed as, "Will only pass Potter Bridge at exceptionally low tides." I'm afraid that is the reality. Passages in my day numbered 12,000 to 15,000. This year I doubt they'll reach 1,500.

For those desperate to get to Hickling/Horsey and West Somerton in a family size cruiser should consider looking at the newer Connoisseurs which pass THAT bridge at the same height as a Hampton and less room than is needed for a Calypso.

I've only just noticed this thread.  Extremely useful information,  thank you Geoff;  but I think you should alter the title to 'Gazunder?'

Gazunder.......

Isn't that the name off the big "teacup" that always gazunder the bed to save you walking outside to the toilet..

:Stinky

Very handy this info.......especially as I have Ibiza booked for October and Bolero for next August (wife is coming on Bolero hence the poshness).