Sign in to follow this  
Boaters

Three Rivers Race 2012

Just checked on the HSC site /forum and they have put back the start to 16.00 this afternoon,due to the high winds.This will be interesting for the boats that will be in the dark,and that could be many.Also boats will not now go below Acle Bridge according to latest posting :wave Potter could be interesting if it is still blowing.There are for web cams on the HSC site at Potter,Acle,and two at Horning. :wave U

There's no further update on the HSC website so far, but it looks suspiciously as though it's been postponed further or even maybe canceled.

Looking at the webcams, considering the start is due now (16.00), there's no boats down the upriver reach, and the river cruisers on the jetty look snugged down for the night...

I spoke to soon, quite a few boats assembling in the upriver reach now.

Word from another place is that it's due to start at 5pm now.

Just got back from the ferry, saw a few :Sailing things

looking out of the window now there is no wind :cry so I hope the tides carry them to where they need to be, they can then tie up and wait for the tide to change and bring them back!

I think perhaps I would now be starting the auxillary and finding the nearest liscenced establishment :naughty:

:wave hi all , ive got the two webcams at horning, but how do you get the webcams at acle & potter ? lori cheers

They have two links from their menu to webcam pages.

The webcam link from the "Regatta Week" menu item has the two webcams just at Horning, but the webcam link via the "3 Rivers Race" menu item has all four, but only runs during the duration of the 3RR.

Got them from the HSC site Lozi. The Potter one is,showing boats in the dark at Potter Bridge at present not many left to clap you through now .Went down earlier and it was packed with spectators and a massive queue at the fish shop,nothing beats sitting watching the boats with a bag of fish and chips. :dance:party:

Got them from the HSC site Lozi. The Potter one is,showing boats in the dark at Potter Bridge at present not many left to clap you through now .Went down earlier and it was packed with spectators and a massive queue at the fish shop,nothing beats sitting watching the boats with a bag of fish and chips. :dance:party:

:wave thanks boaters, oh by the way, i prefer a lovely lunch of roast lamb, with a nice glass of baileys with ice, Mmmm lovely. :lol::lol: