Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

Any ideas what metal effect this is?

Recommended Posts

Hi everyone

I'm trying to find the name for the type of metal effect in the photo attached. I've tried many variations on google and managed to stumble upon only 1 picture of what I'm after.

I'm hoping to get a vinyl version for the boat floor as the "rotproof" carpet i originally used has now ... rotted :(

Thanks in advance



Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

We used to do this when I was at tech college in the early 60s.

Use a small length of wooden dowel to fit in an electric drill and

coat the end with grinding paste. When done on stainless steel

or the like, it looks great, but must be held still whilst the drill

is in motion.

Not good on carpeting or flooring though... :o

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

As well as creating the effect fairly easily as already described on here, you can buy aluminium plate already finished that way, as shown in this google image search:

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=engine ... 39&bih=729

If you're thinking of it for flooring though, I think "checker plate" would be more hard wearing, and non-slip too:

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&bi ... KgZVZmWyqI

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  


Important Information

For details of our Guidelines, please take a look at the Terms of Use here.