GAMMON WITH CHEESE AND PEACHES

Hi all,

i saw this advertised on "the daily specials" board in one of our favourite local pub restaurants, so decided to try and make it myself. I did`nt have it in the pub, but i worked out how i would do it, and tried it tonight, and it was a success.

It`s a pretty simple thing with very little in ingrediants.

Per gammon  ttake,

1 - 11/2 oz of grated cheese ( i used a mixture of Double Gloucester, and low fat medium cheddar, any mixture of your choice can be used)

2 tinned peach halves, finely chopped

1 teaspoon dried chopped chives (or amount to taste

1 large gammon steak

Method,

Mix the grated cheese, finely chopped peach halves, and chives together in a bowl

Grill the gammon to your prefered taste.

sprinkle the cheese / peach / and chive mix onto the gammon, and grill under a low heat till cheese has melted to your taste.

Serve with sauted potatoes and veg of your choice.

I tried this for the first time tonight and we both thouroughly enjoyed it, as it makes a nice change to the regular gammon and pineapple or fried egg.

• Like 5

Hi Neil,

It sounds good, but for me I would have to loose the chives (Tan would be ok with them or substituted spring onions) to give the topping some extra bite I would include some blue cheese, blue Shropshire or Stilton.

I totally agree that a mixture of cheeses gives any recipe added flavour.

Regards

Alan 

• Like 2

Yes, next time i do it, i`m thinking about Stilton, or possibly keeping it local, and trying Dorset Blue Vinny.

I totally agree with Baitrunner too, it does`nt exactly sound right, but it works.

Spring onions sounds good to Alan (RB), so i`l think about that, and it should go well with stilton.

• 1 year later...