A Thorny Subject!

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/national-park-a-generic-term-dg5r2t3tp

I would think that the National Parks themselves could have something to say on this latest judgement. It would seem that any jumped up organisation can now use the term 'national park' for whatever reason they choose. Surely this now completely devalues the term?

Maybe it does Peter, quite a surprising thing for the judge to have said.

Either way, it makes valid objections to the title "Broads National Park" even more pedantic now.

(exit stage left.....) :)

16 minutes ago, Polly said:

If I declare my back garden as a National Park, could I get government funding and gardeners in green wellies?

Go for it Polly.....

"Polly's National Park"

It's unlikely to become the soapbox rallying call that the Broads National Park has been on here for so many years now........:roll:

I would hope that National Parks UK will be a bit miffed at this one as quite clearly any organisation, jumped up or otherwise, can now use the term as they feel fit, even for marketing purposes which does seem a tad tacky to me. It can't have been Packman's intention but the door has been left wide open for abuse on this one.

2020:

Welcome to Great National Park (formerly Great Britain)

Please note that that all addresses should now be as follows: house number, road or street etc., town/city followed by: Great National Park, then National Park Postcode:
Example:

35, Mud Passage
Dirttown
Great National Park
NP129573945387343952542502454252340504006406023211498295052122049389058256-64-0849-=68956066--453491

Letters etc will not be considered for delivery if they do not include full postcode.

We are sure that everyone will see the benefit of this innovation.

• Like 2