Aahhhh 4 Wks!

mickey123

4 minutes ago, mickey123 said:

Hi all. I am not a regular poster but I do watch on here. 

Up on the 28th again!!!!!!!! can't bl@@dy wait!! 

Expect it will be busy then being the bank holiday. Have a good holiday Mickey:wave

cheersIain

For a start off I like to know how people book this 12 months in advance! I struggle with 4 wks. 

I am dragging my 'in-laws' and other half along again, picking up Richardsons Stalham, I would like to take them through Breydon this time but we'll have collective thoughts when we're there. 

I've been going many many years, they're still 1st timers and anyone I introduce always loves it. It's the quiet, the still-ness, the thoughts, the laughter and family values that I love. Obviously the nature etc...... Can't list them all.... I don't care if my phone hasn't got signal, I don't care if I have no wi-fi, I love talking to other boat users/owners, holiday makers, I love that there is no where else to go and people who are techy minded are 'forced' to become who they were before the modern world took over, it's great to see that and I have seen it first hand. The relaxation in someone when they let go and remember they are not joined at the hip with a PC. (Sorry, rambling now). Could talk about it for ages.........

That why I love the broads!! 

Anyway, 28th June here we come! 

Anyone else there or there abouts?? 

• Like 7

Yes I get why you'd book in advance for those purposes and working round children's holidays and the ideal boat is important, which I totally understand but I only booked mine last night and I can't sleep now!!

Ive got 4wks of total absolute manic work coming up so these 4 wks will zooooom passed hopefully. 

• Like 3

Enjoy Mickey.  Thankfully I'm not one who books a year in advance. I think we are going up next weekend.. Had a bit of a thought about going up this weekend but we was up a couple of weeks ago and I don't like when it's too manic.. We are up a week before you so will sadly miss you.. end of June is perfect though. Have a good time. Feel free to tell us all about it after you get back including the 1st timers thoughts of breydon.. Pics and videos if pos ;)

cheers 

Hi Mickey and :welcome:

I bet the excitement is overwhelming if you just booked last night.

we also book a year in advance for two separate weeks and the last few weeks running up to it feel like months.

I'm with you on going without the tech, only time I use the phone is to call the pilot at Wroxham.

have a great holiday 

• Like 1

On 24/05/2016 at 5:40 PM, mickey123 said:

For a start off I like to know how people book this 12 months in advance! I struggle with 4 wks. 

I am dragging my 'in-laws' and other half along again, picking up Richardsons Stalham, I would like to take them through Breydon this time but we'll have collective thoughts when we're there. 

I've been going many many years, they're still 1st timers and anyone I introduce always loves it. It's the quiet, the still-ness, the thoughts, the laughter and family values that I love. Obviously the nature etc...... Can't list them all.... I don't care if my phone hasn't got signal, I don't care if I have no wi-fi, I love talking to other boat users/owners, holiday makers, I love that there is no where else to go and people who are techy minded are 'forced' to become who they were before the modern world took over, it's great to see that and I have seen it first hand. The relaxation in someone when they let go and remember they are not joined at the hip with a PC. (Sorry, rambling now). Could talk about it for ages.........

That why I love the broads!! 

Anyway, 28th June here we come! 

Anyone else there or there abouts?? 

Yes, we are, aboard this little beaty

She`s called Lightning, and we`ll be aboard from Saturday 25th for a week and a half. Unfortunately, we`ve got a wedding to go to the 3rd weekend, so will be coming home in the middle of the 2nd week. Also, with the 2 days we`ll be back to work in the 2nd week, we`ll be using those when we`re back up in November.

2015_0603variousneilspics0335.JPG

• Like 2