Calypso forward well..

C.Ricko

Most observant Jimbo,

yes, it gives access all round the bed and to the toilet/shower from the rear bedroom, also we can fit some electrics behind the headboard and plenty of kit under the bed.

There is also the feeling of space when you enter the room as there is plenty of room at the bottom of the steps.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What size is that engine Clive and is it a Genuine Nanni as I dont recognise that one?? They dont usually have Kubota on the rocker cover?

Also, is the lift pump visible on the bulkhead for the heater? and...............What size is the tank??

Have you noticed, every picture = 20 questions :lol:

Hi Clive

now i could do with one of those shiny ships wheels on curlew :grin::grin::grin:

I think the island bed is going to be fantastic

What size is that engine Clive and is it a Genuine Nanni as I dont recognise that one?? They dont usually have Kubota on the rocker cover?

Hi Ian

i think it might be a Nanni maybe 1.5 or 1.8 anychance of a freebe Clive :naughty::naughty::naughty:

ill get my coat :lol::lol::lol:

just a quick note i like the idea of the battery box being moved its a shame they dint realise it would of been better to put them on the inside in the first place but you cant realy knock a a calypso there still stunning.

Jonny ice sliceice sliceice slice

Looks a nice job Clive, and looks set to be a very comfortable and good value home on water!

I'm glad side windows have been added to the sides of the forward screens as although some dont have them it definately helps visibility and removes the only negative point that I thought might exist.

Good as ever to see continued investment to some of my favourite boats cheers

Dan

I am not sure if the engine is the 40hp or 43 hp, it is a Nanni marinised engine, the smaller engines are Kabota and the bigger ones are Toyota.

I recon the tank is about 40 gallons, it gos down to the hull. that is a bulkhead filter unless you mean the little pump next to it which would be for the heater.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest DAYTONA-BILL

Hi Clive, have you taken anymore photo`s of the modded interior yet, as i`m sure we`d all like to see. Regarding my idea about the aft door, take a look at the Aquafibre Opal 28, as it`s exactly what i was trying to describe. Regards...............Neil. xmas6xmas4xmas2

Wow that looks fantastic Clive, look forward to seeing her next year.Do you reckon you will follow this with some more? Something I have always wondered is what materials are used for the interior these days, surely not the good old ply with Formica veneer as of old.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest DAYTONA-BILL

Hi Clive, has there been any further progress on this one. As much as we`re all more keen on the RC35/45 developement, i`m sure we`d also appreciate some updates on this one. Also, a while back i made a poor attempt at describing a similar, but opposite way round mod to the rear door. Well i`ve played around with the PC and looked at some photo`s and come up with this............ It`s exactly what i was trying to describe. What do you think?. I`ve no doubt it`s too late to do anything about it now, but i think it would make a massive improvement to the Calypso class, and should be considered for any future possible modifications. Regards.............Neil.

post-1-136713636279_thumb.jpg

Guest DAYTONA-BILL

Hi jonny, I`ve been looking at San Elena because we may come en-mass this year with 7 of us. San Elena has almost the perfect layout for our party with 2 double cabins, a twin cabin, and a single cabin, but providing all 7 go, othewise, it`ll be a smaller boat. Regards..............Neil :wave:wave:wave:wave

Hi Neil. Hired San Elena in 2005. There were 6 of us aboard and there was tons of space. The dual saloon arrangement works really well and means you don't have to be on top of each other all the time. I also liked the sunroof within the sliding roof idea - I've never understood why that concept hasn't been used more. The single cabin is a tiny broom cupboard but probably no worse than single cabins on other boats.

Please don't make Rod cry Clive! :norty::lol:

Curlew Does :lol::lol:

Hi Gordon

I would love to see a calypso with a nice big stern well with the engine mounted midships or in the saloon area.

I would agree with you that for a small cruiser with a stern mounted engine i think the calypso is a realy good choice there would be some things i would love to have done if i was getting it built from scratch.

I love what Clive is doing now nice big island bed huge sofa in the saloon i would like to see what a calypso would be like with a full sliding roof. then we come to the well it would have been nice for a design when you could just walk straight out the door into a nice well in the bow. or if the bow had no access but had sliding doors mounted on the room either side of the boat IE like san Evita.

but when i get going i would love to see a few boats that i would love to change just to see what they would be like.

Curlew has done us well perfect boat for a couple but when you need something with a little better birthing arrangement the calypso aint a good choice for a couple yes with plenty going for them unlike some others out there.

Jonny ice sliceice slice

I can see where you are coming from Jonny but I was put off of some boats by the thought of the noisy smelly diesel inside.