Tri-bowed Boat Design

BB37

I have been looking at some old Hoseason's broachures for the Thames. There is a boat called 'Miss Sheridan' with a straight tri-bowed hull and 2 double cabins in the bow from Thames Ditton. This design would allow more space for it's length. I was wondering if any of these designs came onto the Broads or any other waterways and if any exist now?

2 minutes ago, BuffaloBill said:

I believe that 'Enchantress' is moored below Acle bridge and has been for some years.

Looking a bit worse for wear.

Yes, BB, badly in need of much TLC the last time we passed it there.

cheersIain

Built by W K Barnes there were two in the class but they were not the same. Number one having a more conventional and (I think) a  Foster Marine hull with wooden superstructure. A third Enchantress was built also using the Foster style hull but was much more a bathtub style craft in layout and was later renamed Majesty.  A second Majesty appeared about the time the Foster styled Enchantress left the fleet and I wonder if it was rebuilt into the later design.

Fred

• Like 1