Cleaning the boat....

No better place to ask than on a boating forum !!!

What do you use to clean the outside of your boat ? Do you go for the expensive GRP cleaners or perhaps standard car wash liquid.... or just fairy with hot water ??

Do these expensive branded GRP cleaners actually do a better job then anything else, and if so, which one do you use ??

I use magnaclean with water can use neat on difficult stains although removes your finger prints as well. Washing up liquid contains salt so not ideal and never use it on your car. :naughty:

Jonathan :Stinky

After compounding the hull and topsides with Farcla G6 (hull done by WRC worshop, and topsides done by me), both were given two coats of 3m Boatwax.

Now, cleaning requires no more than water and a soft brush, and the dirt just runs off :grin:

Dave

Hi there,

We saw some stuff at SIBS this year called Muc-Off which is a pink, environmentally friendly sort of truck wash for boats etc and also looks exactly like the stuff the BA Rangers use on their launches. I bought a trial size bottle and the results were very good. Just spray on, agitate the dirt a little and rinse off, it really is that easy and got rid of all the black streaks that GRP attracts.

Polish wise I use the Autoglym wax and polymer resin to finish off. Makes the boat nice and shiny but also very slippery ;)

Edit to add link www.muc-off.com and I believe Halfords sell it amongst others