That's Another F1 Year Over Then.

Poppy

On 02/12/2016 at 9:34 PM, ScrumpyCheddar said:

Max was asked a question,  back earlier in the year..  Would you be as quick as Lewis one day..?? He replied put me in identical car and I will show you.. :naughty:

Lewis wouldn't stand for that !

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Reading through earlier comments about this year being a boring procession – I’m not sure what season you watched but that just sounds like regurgitated garbage to me. SOME races will always be boring but then not every race will ever be an edge of your seat nail-biting 120 minutes of pure adrenalin…

I would say that the majority of this year was great viewing, I have always been a Hamilton fan and whilst I don’t want to sound sour, it was obvious that Rosberg was very lucky to win this year, I would say he was even luckier than Jenson in 2009…

As for there being no characters in the sport any more – have you not seen the Vettel interviews this year? The guy is hilarious – as is Dan Ric & Vestappen.

No, the sport is not as dangerous as it was back in the 80’s/90’s and yes your favourite drivers are now all retired but technology moves on, drivers move on, and if you can’t accept that then you should probably change your sport… Golf seems to stay fairly fixed with the technology – maybe you’d be better watching golf?

• Like 3

A bit harsh but true H.P. Granted I'd sooner watch it on TV than go to a race 'cos that way you get to see more of what's going on. I was at Silverstone the year Nigel 'the hell-raiser' Mansell won it so been there seen it done it etc.

For those who think motor racing has become tame, try marshalling a formula Ford race. I found out what colour adrenalin was by doing that! and for real action, marshal the bikes on the Isle of Man !

• Like 2