Which Hire Boat Was This?

This is one for fossil members of the forum of which I include myself. No offence intended.

Now! that was a proper Broads boat and if I remember it was fitted with a fairly powerful Thornycroft engine.

I have removed the boatyard emblem and the registration number to make more difficult to identify.

Prize! The first person with the correct answer can buy me a pint in The Dog ............if they can find me.   :)

img006.jpg

Spot on w-album, Boatingman and Vaughan. She is a Ferry Pioneer, a truly lovely boat of classic Broads design. I digitally removed the registration number and the Ferry Boatyard emblem from the topsides to make it a bit harder to spot. I thought the surroundings would give it away.

Well done everybody. Now I am going to come clean. The registration number is T66 I looked it up on Craig Slawson's website and it says she was Ferry Pioneer 8.

After service she was sold to Castle Craft which if my memory serves me well was based at Loddon. She was re named Castle Pioneer then Porchester Castle and then Pevensey Castle.

It would be interesting if she was still around, also Ferry Pioneer 5 which my family hired years ago.