Bbc Pay

13 minutes ago, TheQ said:

One of the things that I find amusing is everyone  (not just here on this site) attacking Chris Evans but not Gary Linaker, who per hour is earning a lot more than CE.

I think that is because GL is a rather nice person and CE just can't live down his past some episodes of which I am sure he would rather forget.

I suppose for many of us £40,000 pa would be concidered a good wage so to see people presenting very medioca shows like "The one show" earning £450,000 pa rather surprising.

For cutting edge drama & documentaries I can see some sense in buying in top talent but shows that are just switched on for background noise whilst peeps go about their daily routine then surely the beeb could find much cheaper presenters.

Regarding the wireless ...... I guess people get attached to the voice behind the show and overtime consider them friends, even so, to pay someone in excess of a million pounds seems somewhat extravagant to me.

I guess the man/woman/person (or whatever is the current PC term to refer to them is) at the helm of the Beeb should be the 1st person to be scrutinised, after all they are responsible for the high wages for medioca stars and gender inequaility for pay. Let's remember it's it that spends our tv licence revenue or as I would prefer to see it referred as "Tele Tax".