Recently Opened Indian Restaurant In Brundall

addicted

Last night we decided to try the Indian restaurant recently opened in Brundall where the Lavender House used to be. Mixed reactions really .It totally lacks atmosphere, being very stark and" olde worlde cottagey". The service was excellent and it was very busy  for a Tuesday night. We both had a duck dish which consisted of small chunks of crispy duck served with pilau rice, a salad garnish and a small dish of a very spicy sweet and sour sauce. Some of my pieces of duck were chunks of chewy fat,very unpleasant but apart from that it was very nice, the rice and salad were Delicious. Our choice of wine was the house red, I tend to go for the house wine at a previously untried restaurant, as it is often an indication of the general quality of the establishment as a whole, which is why we never eat at East Hills! The house red last night was superb and I would highly recommend it. As I said earlier a bit of a mixed bag, I cannot in truth say I recommend this place (it's called the Masala Cottage) nor would I not recommend it. Perhaps it would be more aptly named the Parson's Egg!

Carole

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1