A Big Thank you

Just like to say a big thank you to the RNLI guys John and Paul for giving their time on Friday afternoon and evening to try and help keep the Salty Bottoms safe.

While we are on the subject of thanks also a big one goes out to Brian, the team at NBN and all other members, without this forum the Salty Bottoms would not exist, so thank you all for allowing us to pollute the pages of NBN with all those unsuitable boats and salty tales. cheersbar

I even saw Col banging away in his boat trying to refix the crotch strap back on !!

(Now that could be read in completely the wrong way !! lol )

I have said thank you on one of the other threads to John and Paul, but its easily lost considering how many posts there have been, so thank you again guys, the demo was presented in a light-hearted way which I always think makes stuff 'sink' in (another bad pun, sorry !)

Yes, a lot of very salient points were made that have made me think slightly differently about the use of lifejackets. I even donned mine on the river on Monday to adjust the fenders, which I am embarrassed to say I probably wouldn't have done before.

Certainly what this forum is all about, Getting like minded boating folk together, to have a great time and to enjoy the water.

A massive thank you to the Salty Bottoms for a whip round, for the running of the site. £ 45.00 now goes into the fund bar. :):clap

Just found these pictures on my I-Phone - Claire sneakily must of been snapping at the life-jacket demonstration:-

post-699-13671368149_thumb.jpg

post-699-136713681466_thumb.jpg

post-699-136713681189_thumb.jpg

The chap in the blue jacket is Paul who gave the talk.

(Note that Mark isn't wearing a life-jacket !!!! He drowned first !!!!)